Nothing hits the spot quite like some deliciously crispy honey mustard chicken wings! These sticky-sweet succulent morsels of goodness are always a fan favorite and make an absolutely delicious snack or main course.
Whether you’re having friends over for a game night, prepping dinner with the family or just looking to treat yourself – this mouthwatering dish is sure to be a hit all round. Keep reading and I’ll share my secret tips on how to make these heavenly little morsels – perfect for anyone in need of some finger licking good food.
What Type of Mustard Should I Use for Honey Mustard Chicken Wings?
You can use Dijon mustard for honey mustard chicken wings. However, we have used spicy brown mustard in this recipe as it has a more pronounced flavor.
Can I Use Boneless Chicken for Honey Mustard Chicken Wings?
Yes, you can use boneless chicken for honey mustard chicken wings. However, it’s important to note that boneless chicken may require less cooking time than chicken wings with bones.
Can I Make Honey Mustard Chicken Wings in An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can make honey mustard chicken wings in an air fryer. Simply follow the same recipe as you would for oven-baked wings, but cook them in the air fryer according to your air fryer’s instructions.
Top Tips for Making Delicious Honey Mustard Chicken Wings:
- Pat the chicken wings dry before seasoning and baking them. This will help them get crispy in the oven.
- Use a wire rack on top of a baking sheet to cook the chicken wings. This will allow the heat to circulate around the wings and help them cook evenly.
- If you want your honey mustard chicken wings to be more flavorful, marinate the chicken wings in the honey mustard sauce for a few hours before baking or air frying.
- Use a pastry brush to coat the wings evenly with the honey mustard sauce.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the honey mustard sauce if you want a little bit of spice.
- If you like your chicken wings extra crispy, broil them for the last few minutes of cooking time.
- Serve your honey mustard chicken wings with celery sticks, carrots, and ranch or blue cheese dressing on the side.
More Poultry Recipes
Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 lb chicken wings
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup spicy brown mustard
- ¼ cup chilled butter cubed
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F.
- Line 2 large baking dishes with pieces of foil and then grease each with cookingspray.
- With a sharp knife, cut 2 chicken wing joints and discard wing tips.
- Divide the wings into the prepared baking dishes.
- In a small saucepan, add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, stirringfrequently.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and place the sauce over wings.
- Turn the wings to coat with sauce and then arrange them in a single layer.
- Bake for about 60-80 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Serve hot.