This homemade Orange Ice Cream recipe lets you indulge in a creamsicle’s tangy, sweet flavor. You won’t believe how great this ice cream is; it’s made with a rich, luscious custard base in the French style and blended with the juice and zest of juicy, fresh oranges. Orange ice cream is naturally free of nuts and gluten. It’s impossible to resist the flavor combination of oranges and creamy vanilla.
Why will this orange ice cream recipe be a hit with you?
- Unusual Ice Cream Flavor – Orange ice cream is only sometimes available on the grocery store’s shelves, but you can always make your own whenever you crave it.
- Classic and nostalgic – Do you recall enjoying creamsicles (or creamsicles) in the backyard on a steamy day? You’ll be taken back to those carefree days by the creamy vanilla flavor of this orange ice cream.
- Simple Ice Cream Recipe – The ingredients for this traditional orange ice cream recipe are straightforward. Everything comes together without sweetened condensed milk, artificial flavors, or hard-to-find ingredients.
What is the shelf life of No-Churn Orange Ice Cream?
I have discovered that homemade ice cream does not keep well because it lacks the additives found in commercial ice cream. You should consume it within five days to get the best texture and flavor.
How should I keep the ice cream stored?
In a shallow, freezer-safe, airtight container, store the no-churn orange ice cream in the freezer. Put some plastic wrap on the ice cream’s surface as an extra safeguard against the development of ice crystals.
More Dessert Recipes
Orange Ice Cream
- ¾-1 cup granulated sugar
- 2¼ cups fresh orange juice
- ½ tbsp fresh lemon juice (or substitute)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp orange Jell-O
- Refrigeratethe bowl of an ice cream maker overnight.
- In a large bowl, add the sugar, orange juice and lemonjuice and beatuntil well combined.
- Addi n the cream and orange Jell-O and beat until well combined.
- Place the mixture into the chilled bowl of anice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s instructions.