Orange muffins are an easy-to-make treat you can enjoy any time of day! With their unique combination of sweet oranges and crunchy toppings, these flavorful little cakes will become everyone’s favorite snack or dessert in no time. Whether you’re serving them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even as an afternoon snack, these delicious little treats will not disappoint! So why not give them a try today? You won’t regret it! And, if you’ve never had one, you may have some questions about them. Here are some of the most common FAQs about orange muffins to help get you started.
What Is An Orange Muffin?
An orange muffin is a sweet bread made with fresh orange juice, arrowroot starch, sugar, shredded coconut, and flour. It is usually topped with a generous sprinkling of granulated sugar or cinnamon sugar, giving it a sweet and crunchy finish.
When Are Orange Muffins Best Served?
You can enjoy orange muffins anytime! Serve them warm from the oven for breakfast alongside your morning coffee or tea. Or enjoy it as an afternoon snack with some hot cocoa or cold milk. For dessert, they can be served à la mode with some vanilla ice cream or drizzled with melted chocolate for added indulgence.
Are Orange Muffins Healthy To Eat?
Orange muffins may not be an orange fruit, but they offer a hefty dose of nutrients. Orange muffins combine orange juice with oat flour, orange zest, and other healthful ingredients that make these tasty muffins a healthy and delicious addition to any breakfast or snack. The orange juice adds Vitamin C, and the orange zest offers B-complex vitamins. Oat flour, on the other hand, is full of fiber that keeps you satiated longer and has even been linked to reducing inflammation. What’s more, orange muffins are a delicious and guilt-free taste treat, so no one will feel short-changed if they reach for one in place of an unhealthy snack bar. So tuck into those orange muffins whenever you can – it’s certainly a healthier choice than most.
More Dessert Recipes
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ cup coconut flour sifted
- 3 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼-⅓ cup unswwetnend almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- ¼ tsp vanilla extarct
- ½-⅔ cup unsweetened coconut shredded
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- Line 10 cups of astandard-sized muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, add the flours,protein powder, arrowroot starch, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- In another bowl, add the egg, orange juice, sugar, almond milk, coconut oiland vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until justcombined.
- Gently, fold in the shredded coconut.
- Place the mixture intothe prepared muffin cups evenly and top each cup with an orange slice.
- Bake for approximately18-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes outclean.
- Remove the muffin tin from oven and placeonto a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Then invert the muffins onto a wire rack tocool completely before serving.
Leave a Reply