Get ready to sink your teeth into a mouth-watering and nutritious treat that is perfect for any time of day! Strawberry Banana Muffins are a delicious and healthy way to start your day or enjoy them as a snack. These muffins are bursting with the sweet and tangy flavors of fresh strawberries and ripe bananas and are sure to be a hit with the whole family. The best thing about this recipe is that it is easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste.
Are there any substitutions that can be made in this recipe?
You can substitute the strawberries for other berries like blueberries or raspberries, or you can use mashed ripe bananas instead of fresh strawberries. You can also use honey or maple syrup as a sweetener instead of sugar.
Is this recipie nutritious?
Strawberry Banana Muffins are a good source of vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C and potassium. They also provide dietary fiber and antioxidants from fresh fruits. They are a healthier alternative to store-bought muffins as they are made with whole wheat flour, and you can control the amount of sugar used.
How many servings can we make in this recipie?
This recipe makes around 12 muffins.
How long does it take to prepare this recipe?
The preparation time is 15 minutes, and the cooking time is 20 minutes, for a total time of 40 minutes.
- For an extra boost of flavor, add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the batter.
- For a fun variation, try adding some chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the batter for added texture and flavor.
- To ensure that the muffins rise properly, make sure that the baking powder and baking soda are fresh and not expired.
- To make the muffins even moister, add a tablespoon of yogurt or sour cream to the batter.
To make the muffins gluten-free, substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend.
More Dessert Recipes
Strawberry Banana Muffins
- Preheat your oven to 355 °F.
- Grease 8 cups of a muffin pan with cookingspray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda andsalt.
- In a large bowl, add the sugar and butter and whisk until fluffyandpale.
- Add the mashed bananas, egg and vanillaextract and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the strawberry pieces.
- Place the mixture into prepared muffincups evenly.
- Top each muffin with crumb topping and gentlypress down.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes.
- Remove the muffin pan from oven and placeonto a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Then invert the muffins onto the wire rack tocool before serving.