This homemade pumpkin pie recipe is ideal. Thanksgiving treat since it contains mouthwatering pumpkin flavor. This straightforward dessert has a creamy, rich filling encased in a delicate, flaky crust, and it’s a classic for a reason. It’s also ideal for preparing ahead of time!
This pumpkin pie is flavorful, thick, and spicy. It slices easily. Two pointers to improve the outcome: To give the spices time to mingle, prepare the filling the day before. The filling will shatter if the pie is overcooked, so remove it from the oven while it’s still jiggly in the middle.
How to Know if a Pumpkin Pie is Ready
A little more than an hour is spent baking this pie, first at 425°F and then at 350°F. Halfway through, lower the heat to ensure that the pie cooks evenly and without cracking.
The pie is finished when a knife tip inserted in the center of the pie emerges moist but essentially clean. The center should jiggle just a little bit.
A few cracks are unavoidable, but as long as the temperature was lowered midway through cooking and the pie wasn’t overbaked, there shouldn’t be any significant cracks. If you cover it with whipped cream, nobody will notice, and the pie will still taste excellent.
How can I avoid having the pie crack?
Avoid overbaking the pumpkin pie since it will result in cracks forming on the top. Additionally, before chilling the pie, let it cool naturally to room temperature. It may crack if you attempt to cool the pie right away.
- The quality of homemade versus canned pumpkin puree varies. When preparing recipes for pumpkin puree, remember that canned puree often has more moisture than handmade puree. Additionally, the color will be deeper. Most homemade purees will be an extremely light orange color.
- Prepare ahead: This pie can be prepared a day or two in advance. After baking, securely cover it in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator.
- Storage: Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days when adequately wrapped.
More Dessert Recipes
- Chocolate Whoopie Pies
- Almond Biscotti
- Sugar-Free Lava Cake
Pumpkin PieOne of the favorite and incredible fall dessert for celebrations…This richly delicious and smooth pie is burstingwith the flavor of pumpkin and warm spices.
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1¼ cups pecans
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- pinch salt
- ⅓ cup raw unsalted cashews
- ⅔ cup peacans
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1¾ cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat youroven to 375 ºF.
- Lightly greasean 8-inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- For crust: in ahigh-power food processor, add pecans and pulse until a butter-like texturebegins to form.
- Add the eggwhite, almond flour and salt and pulse until well blended.
- Place the crustmixture into the prepared pie dish and, with your hands, gently press down andup the sides of pan.
- With a fork,prick the crust at many places.
- Bake forapproximately 20-22 minutes or until crust becomes golden brown.
- Remove the piedish from oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Now set thetemperature of your oven to 350 ºF.
- For thefilling: in the clean food processor, add cashews and pecans and pulse untilfinely ground.
- Add the maplesyrup, honey, whole eggs, and egg yolk and pulse until well blended and smooth.
- Add the pumpkinpuree, water, spices and salt and pulse until well blended and smooth.
- Place thefilling mixture into the prepared pie crust evenly and with the back of aspoon, smooth the surface.
- Bake forapproximately 40 minutes.
- Remove the piepan from oven and place onto a cooling rack to cool completely before serving.
- Cut intodesired-sized slices and serve.
NotesUse best quality canned pumpkin puree in this recipe.
NutritionCalories: 301kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 8gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 113mgPotassium: 240mgFiber: 5gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 8482IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 81mgIron: 2mgTried this recipe?Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below 🙂