Have you ever heard of a chocolate whoopie pie? If not, you’re in for a treat! This classic American dessert comprises two round chocolate cakes filled with fluffy marshmallow cream. It’s sweet, rich, and delicious. Chocolate Whoopie Pies are an undeniably delightful treat that will satisfy any sweet tooth! Whether you buy them pre-made or customize your particular batch, they will impress adults and children alike at any special occasion or gathering. So why not give them a try today? You won’t regret it. Here are some FAQs about this popular dessert to assist you in determining if it is the best option for your next celebration.
What Does a Whoopie Pie Taste Like?
A Chocolate Whoopie Pie tastes like a combination of two chocolaty cookies with a creamy filling. The cookie part is made from cocoa powder, giving it an intense chocolatey flavor. The cream filling is usually made from marshmallow fluff or buttercream frosting, making it extra rich and decadent.
How Is It Different From A Cupcake?
The main difference between a cupcake and a pie is that the cake part has less sugar than a cupcake. The fluffy center also makes it different from other cake desserts like cupcakes or muffins, which don’t have any filling. Additionally, the shape of the whoopie pies makes them look unique compared to traditional cupcakes.
How Can I store Chocolate Whoopie Pies?
Chocolate Whoopie Pies are a delicious treat and very easy to transport, but if you want to store them for later, there are a few things to keep in mind. Chocolate Whoopie Pies should always be stored in an airtight container so that moisture does not build up and cause them to go stale. You can also place wax paper between each Chocolate Whoopie Pie layer so they stick together less. It’s best not to store chocolate whoopie pies in the refrigerator or freezer because cold temperatures can dry out the cake portion of the pies and make it less flavorful. Before eating, you should keep chocolate whoopie pies at room temperature for two days only.
More Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Whoopie Pies
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder Make sure to use natural unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 2 cup white sugar
- ⅔ cup vegetable shortening
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups milk
- 9 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups unsalted butter softened
- 1½ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extarct
- 2¼ cups white sugar
- Preheat your oven to 425 °F.
- Line 2-3 large-sized cookie sheets withparchment paper.
- For cookies in a large-sized bowl, blendtogether flour, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- In another medium-sized bowl, add sugar andshortening and beat until smooth and creamy.
- In the bowl of sugar mixture, add eggs andvanilla and whisk until well blended.
- In the bowl of flour mixture, add egg mixtureand mix until a soft dough forms.
- With a tablespoon, place 24 cookies onto theprepared cookie sheet about 2-inch apart.
- With your hands, slightly flatten the cookies.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the cookie sheets from oven and placeonto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for filling in a saucepan, add milkover low heat.
- Slowly add flour, beating continuously untilsmooth.
- Cook until just boiling, stirring continuously.
- Cook for about 3 minutes or until thick,stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and transfer into a heatproofbowl. Refrigerate to cool for about 30 minutes.
- In another large-sized bowl, add butter andshortening and beat until smooth.
- Add vanilla and sugar and beat until wellblended.
- Add butter mixture and beat until fluffy.
- Place 24 cookies onto a smooth surface.
- Place a thick layer onto each cookie evenly.
- Cover with remaining cookies to make a sandwichand serve.