Craving something delicious? Look no further than the classic strawberry and banana milkshake! Made with just a few fresh ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen, this fruity shake brings a taste of summer sunshine to any day. Whether you’re an expert in the kitchen or just starting out with cooking, this easy-to-make recipe is sure to please. Read on for all the details and tips on making a perfect strawberry and banana milkshake every time!
Are Strawberry Banana Milkshakes Healthy?
Strawberries are high in fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants, so a strawberry and banana smoothie is beneficial. They are among the top 20 fruits in terms of antioxidant content. Strawberry has more vitamin C than an orange in one serving (about 8 berries).
How to Make Strawberry and Banana Milkshake the Other Way?
If you want your milkshake to be thicker and colder without using ice cream, freeze the bananas (and optionally a small portion of strawberries) and blend them with the other ingredients. Because there are simply too many strawberries, I do not recommend freezing them all. You can use frozen strawberries but defrost them first before combining them with the other ingredients (strawberries and juices).
How to Store the Strawberry and Banana Milkshake?
This milkshake will be kept in the fridge for 24 hours. It tastes exactly like freshly made, but it is thicker, so you can dilute it with milk if desired. Before serving, make sure to stir it thoroughly.
Tips and Variations:
- Use frozen fruit instead of fresh fruit for a thicker shake.
- To make a banana strawberry protein shake, add 1 teaspoon of protein powder.
- Skip the ice cream and sugar in this recipe and add an extra ½ banana (total 1 banana) to make a healthy, thick shake.
More Dessert Recipes
Strawberry & Banana Milkshake
- 1 cup fresh strawberries hulled and chopped
- 1 medium banana peeld and sliced
- 2 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup ice cubes
- Add all theingredients in a high-power blender and pulse until creamy.
- Pour the milkshakeinto two glasses and serve immediately.