Are you looking for something sweet, fun, and delicious to make? Something that your family will love as a treat or dessert? Well, look no further! We have just the recipe for you: Strawberry Jelly Cake! This beautiful cake combines the sweetness of strawberry jelly and the light texture of a homemade sponge cake.
But don’t let the simplicity fool you—this dish delivers plenty of flavor with each bite. Keep reading to find out how easy this fantastic creation is to make. Enjoy baking with your loved ones, and share your favorite results on social media. Gather around the kitchen table and get creative – we guarantee that everyone in attendance will go home happy after they taste this delightful pink masterpiece!
Do I Need To Use Fresh Strawberries?
Yes! Fresh strawberries are essential for making this cake as they provide flavor and texture to the final product. While frozen strawberries will work in a pinch (make sure they’re thawed first), they won’t have the same impact as fresh ones. So if possible, opt for fresh berries when making this recipe!
Can I use other jams or jelly in my strawberry jelly cake?
Yes, you can use other types of jam or jelly in this recipe! Raspberry jam or blackberry jelly would both work well. Alternatively, you could use your imagination by mixing different jams to create a unique flavor combination. The possibilities are endless!
More Dessert Recipes
Strawberry Jelly Cake
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 cups cake flour plus more for dusting
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups strawberry jelly
- 1 cup fresh strawberry hulled and sliced
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Grease3(9-inch) cake pans with cooking spray and then dust each with a little flour.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the cake baking powder and salt.
- In large bowl, add the butter and sugar and with an electric mixer, beat on mediumspeed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- In the bowl of butter mixture, add flourmixture alternating adding with milk until well combined.
- Place the mixture into the prepared cake pansevenly.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove the cake pan from oven and place ontoa wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Then invert the cake onto the wire rack tocool completely.
- In a microwave-safe small bowl, place the strawberry jelly and microwave untilsmooth, stirring after every 10 seconds.
- Arrangea layer of cake onto serving platter.
- Spread½ cup of jelly on top of cake evenly.
- Repeat with the remaining two layers of cake.
- Arrange cake layers over each other and top with any remaining jelly.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries and serve.