Let’s dive into the sweet and juicy taste of summer with this recipe for a Strawberry Skillet Cake. This delicious dessert is made with fresh strawberries, flour, sugar, and butter and is baked to perfection in a cast-iron skillet. The result is a moist and fluffy cake with a crispy crust and a burst of strawberry flavor in every bite.
Whether you’re looking for a dessert to impress your guests or a sweet treat for yourself, this Strawberry Skillet Cake is sure to hit the spot. The best part is that this recipe is easy to make and can be ready in no time. Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a heavenly treat that will leave you wanting more.
How can I make Strawberry Skillet Cake keto-friendly?
To make this Strawberry Skillet Cake recipe keto-friendly, by making the following adjustments to the ingredients. Here are a few options:
- Replace the sugar with a keto-friendly sweetener such as erythritol or stevia.
- Use almond flour or coconut flour instead of all-purpose flour. These flours are lower in carbs and higher in fat, making them a great option for the ketogenic diet.
- Reduce the number of strawberries or replace them with lower-carb fruit such as raspberries or blackberries.
- Use keto-friendly fat such as coconut oil or avocado to replace butter, and also add some keto-friendly nuts or seeds to make it more rich and healthy.
Keep in mind that making these substitutions can affect the taste and texture of the final product, but with the right adjustments, you can enjoy a delicious and keto-friendly Strawberry Skillet Cake.
Can I use frozen strawberries?
Yes, you can use frozen strawberries. Just make sure to thaw them completely before using them in the recipe. Keep in mind that frozen strawberries may release more juice than fresh, so you may need to adjust the amount of liquid in the recipe accordingly.
More Dessert Recipes
Strawberry Skillet Cake
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1¼ cup sugar divided
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 lb fresh strawberries hulled hand halved
- Preheat the ovento 350 °F.
- Grease a 9-inchcast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl,mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl,add 1 cup sugar and butter and with an electric beater, beat on medium speeduntil fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at atime, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanillaextract and beat until well combined.
- Slowly, add theflour mixture, alternately with sour cream and beat until just combined.
- Fold in thestrawberry halves.
- Place the mixtureinto the prepared skillet evenly and sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove the skilletfrom oven and place onto a wire rack to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Carefully invert the cake onto the rack to cool completely.
- Cut the cake into the desired-sized slices and serve.