Whether it is breakfast, snack time, or your search for the best dessert to serve at the dining table, donuts will always be your ultimate choice. However, making them has never been an easy task as it is pretty tough to maintain their texture.
But with this modified air fryer apple donuts recipe, you can make the donuts full of natural apple flavors whenever and wherever you want.
What is the Reason to Make these Donuts Using Your Air Fryer?
It is difficult to maintain the taste and texture of donuts and a perfect shape. The oven can dry out the donuts and destroy the inner softness. Therefore using an air fryer is the most appropriate way of cooking them. It will prevent them from getting dried internally and help you get the outer crust crispy if you want it to be.
How to Make Dough For these Appetizing Donuts?
First, you have to simmer your apple cider vinegar and reduce it to ¼th proportion. Then beat the butter, sugar, eggs, and cinnamon powder together. After that, take the flour mixture and add these two things to it. Mix it well and then knead it using your hand to make a perfect dough out of it. Rolling it on a floured surface will help you knead it properly. After that, you have to let it sit for a few minutes so that baking powder can show its magic. Keep the bowl at a warm corner, and don’t forget to keep it covered.
More Dessert Recipes
Air Fryer Apple Donuts
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 ½ cup all purpose flour plus 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon, divided plus ½ tsp
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1 egg
- ½ pink lady apple peeled, cored and grated
- non stick cooking spray
- ½ cup white sugar
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- In a medium pan, add the apple cider over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the cider reduces to ¼ cup.
- Remove the pan from heat and transfer the apple cider into a bowl. Refrigerate to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ½ teaspoon of cinnamon and salt and mix well.
- In another bowl, add the brown sugar, and softened butter and with an electric hand mixer, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Add the cooled apple cider and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until well combined.
- Add the grated apple and mix until a dough forms.
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and with your hands, knead until a soft dough comes together.
- With plastic wrap, cover the dough and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Now, place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll into 1-inch thickness.
- With a 3-inches donut cutter, cut the donuts.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 360 °F to preheat for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, turn off the Air Fryer.
- Arrange donuts into the greased Air Fryer Basket and let the dough rest in the turned off air fryer for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 360 °F for 5 minutes.