If you are tired of baking souffle, let’s try another French dessert called air fryer cherry clafoutis.
Hey, don’t get overwhelmed with the name of the recipe! The air fryer will make making this dessert a smooth task for you. And once you have tasted this dessert, you will be making it every weekend without waiting for a special occasion.
What Is Cherry Clafoutis and How Do I Make It?
It’s like a custard, a firm custard with enough structure to hold a lot of fruit. Sugar, eggs, flour, and fruit are the fundamental ingredients.
Can I Replace Cherries with Other Fruits in this Recipe?
I’ve tried it with a variety of fruit, and it worked. Make this with raspberries, for example, if you want a raspberry dessert. Any berry will suffice or soft stone fruits. If you’re going to use plums or peaches, I believe they need to be ripe because there isn’t enough time to cook them down, honestly.
How to Prepare Cherries for this Recipe?
Pitting – A French cherry clafoutis is traditionally made with pitted cherries. It tastes better without pits. No cherry pitter? It’s no problem. You can pop the pit out of cherry by smacking it with the flat side of a knife blade, digging it out with a paper clip, poking it out with a chopstick, or inverting a pastry tip onto a cutting board and pressing the cherry down on it.
Can I use Frozen Cherries to Make Air Fryer Cherry Clafoutis?
Fresh Cherries vs. frozen Cherries – Fresh cherries are preferable for this recipe because they have more flavor. Still, you can utilize frozen cherries if that’s all you have. Before adding the cherries to the meal, defrost and drain them, then pat them dry.
How to Keep Clafoutis Fresh?
Covered clafoutis can be kept at room temperature for 2 days or refrigerated for up to 4 days.
More Dessert Recipes
Air Fryer Cherry Clafoutis
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 ½ cup fresh cherries pitted
- 3 tbsp vodka
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- pinch salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Grease a cake pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the cherries and vodka.
- In another bowl, flour, sugar and salt and mix well.
- Add the sour cream and egg and mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature to 355 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Place the dough into the prepared cake pan evenly.
- Spread the cherry mixture over the dough evenly.
- Place the butter on top in the form of dots.
- After preheating, arrange the cake pan into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the cake pan from Air Fryer and place onto a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Invert the Clafoutis onto a platter and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cut the Clafoutis into desired-sized slices and serve warm.