Bacon-wrapped scallops?! Is there anything else I can say? This air fryer bacon-wrapped scallops recipe is delicious as an appetizer or main course! And my favorite part is that they take a few minutes to complete!
Scallops that are bacon-wrapped and air-fried are simple to make. They require only two main ingredients! Pleasing enough to the eye of wow visitors, yet simple enough to prepare for your family on any weekday.
Scallops are flavorful and meaty, and they cook in only minutes, making this a quick weekday meal. With the crispy golden bacon flavor on the outside and delightfully soft and moist insides, these scallops are ready in just 6 minutes when cooked in the air fryer.
What Criteria Do You Use to Select Scallops?
Mainly, frozen scallops are used in this recipe; however, if you want to go with the fresh ones, make sure they smell fresh and should be fresh.
How Long Can I Store Scallops in the Fridge?
It is preferable to use the scallops within 1-2 days of buying them.
Is it Possible to Air Fry Scallops that have been Frozen?
It’s not something I’d suggest. Scallops can be thawed quickly in a cold-water dish for around half a minute. By then, they should have thawed out somewhat. Alternatively, please place them in the refrigerator overnight.
Indications of Well-Cooked Scallops while in Air Fryer:
I would recommend using a meat thermometer to check the temperature in the center, which must be between 120 to 130 degrees.
So that you know, they won’t brown as well as they would in a skillet.
Is It Possible to Reheat Scallops?
Yes, but they are quick and do not require a microwave. Place the refrigerated scallops in the air fryer tray to reheat for 2-3 minutes at 400 degrees F.
More Appetizer Recipes
Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Scallops
- 5 center-cut bacon slices cut each in 4 pieces
- 20 sea scallops cleaned and patted very dry
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- ½ tsp paprika
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- With a piece of bacon, wrap each scallop and secure each with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle each scallop with lemon pepper seasoning and paprika.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the scallops into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 6 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the scallops once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the scallops from Air Fryer and place onto a paper towel-lined plate.