As an appetizer, I enjoy creating classic comfort food like air fryer grilled ham and cheese sandwiches as an appetizer.
The classic combo of scrumptious melty cheese and a cup of hot cocoa always warms me up on cold rainy days.
Moreover, making grilled ham and cheese sandwiches in the air fryer is a great way to use leftover ham or deli ham.
Is It Possible to Air Fry Deli Meat?
Assemble the sandwiches by sandwiching one slice of cheese and one slice of ham (or other deli meats) between two slices of bread with the butter side out. Without stacking the sandwiches, place them in the air fryer basket.
Is It Possible to Air Fry A Leftover Sandwich?
In the air fryer basket, place the sandwich. Air fry at 360°F for around 3-5 minutes to melt the cheese. To finish and crisp the bread, flip the sandwich and increase the heat to 380°F.
What Kind of Ham Should I Use in this Recipe?
When you walk into the deli, you are confronted with many options; here are some of my favorites.
This ham is fantastic since it is naturally sweet and salty.
After making an enormous ham for Thanksgiving, Easter, or Christmas, I like to utilize one of my favorite hams.
What Kind of Cheese Should You Use in This Recipe?
You don’t have many options for the classic ham and cheese sandwich, so choosing the right cheese is crucial. A few options are:
Tips for Getting the Best Out of Your Air Fryer
- Preheating – Preheating time is required for most air fryers, and it is suggested for the best results while cooking your food.
- Plenty of room — Air fryers require space to circulate air around your sandwiches to toast and melt them.
- Varying cooking times —Depending on the model of your air fryer, your sandwiches may cook rapidly or require an extra minute or two.
Air Fryer Grilled Ham and CheeseA recipe of mouthwatering and delicious sandwiches…
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 bread slices
- 2 cheddar cheese slices
- 2 ham slices
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air to Fryer 370 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the bread slices onto a smooth surface.
- Spread the butter over one side of each bread slice evenly.
- Arrange 1 cheese slice over the buttered side of 2 slices, followed by ham slices.
- Top with the remaining slices of bread.
- After preheating, arrange the sandwiches into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 8 minutes.
- After 5 minutes of cooking, flip the sandwiches.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the sandwiches from Air Fryer and serve.
NutritionCalories: 77kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 7gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 348mgPotassium: 100mgSugar: 1gVitamin A: 25IUCalcium: 19mgIron: 1mgTried this recipe?Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below 🙂
More Side dishes
- Air Fryer Sliders
- Air Fryer Halloumi
- Air Fryer Crab Cakes