If you’ve been looking for a tasty way to make vegetable burgers that stay together well, have a great texture, and are packed with flavor, this is the recipe for you…
Add a lot of burger sauce and juicy, ripe tomatoes to these air fryer beans and veggie burgers to create a vegetarian black bean burger.
Why Should I Make these Air Fryer Beans and Veggie Burgers?
Due to the black beans used in this recipe, the texture of these air-fried burgers is crisp on the outside and creamy on the inside.
Potatoes, spinach, mushrooms, and spices provide tasty, mouthwatering flavors.
We can make it ahead of time and freeze it.
There is less mess because of the air fryer, and the food is healthier.
How to Store and Freeze the Beans and Veggie Burgers?
Veggie burgers are a great meal prep option because they can be kept in the fridge or freezer until needed. I enjoy making large amounts and freezing them to use when I need a quick, healthy supper fix.
Burger Storage and Freezing Instructions:
For Uncooked Burgers – Stack patties in a container between parchment paper and seal. Refrigerate patties for up to 4 days or freeze for 1 month.
If using frozen patties, either defrost them in the refrigerator or add a few minutes to the cooking time if cooked straight from the freezer.
For Cooked Burgers – Refrigerate patties sealed for up to 6 days or freeze for 1 month.
Reheat patties in an air fryer or microwave for several minutes at 375°F (plus a few minutes if reheating from frozen) until a kitchen thermometer reads 165°F.
Is It Possible to Cook A Frozen Veggie Burger in The Air Fryer?
In the air fryer basket, place frozen vegetarian burgers. Cook for 5 minutes at 360 degrees F. Cook for another 4-6 minutes after flipping the burgers. Remove with care and serve warm.
More Vegetable Recipes
Air Fryer Beans & Veggie Burgers
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 2 cup boiled potatoes peeled and mashed
- 1 cup fresh spinach chopped finely
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms chopped finely
- 2 tsp Chile lime seasoning
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a large bowl, add the beans, potatoes, spinach, mushrooms, and seasoning and with your hands, mix until well combined.
- Make 4 equal-sized patties from the mixture.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 370 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the patties into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 14-15 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the burgers once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the burgers from Air Fryer and serve.