These Air Fryer Green Beans are the ideal combination of simple, quick, and delicious vegetable side dishes.
These beans are healthier since they are cooked in a small amount of oil and butter.
So, let’s make some Air Fryer Green Beans and enjoy a healthier green treat.
Is It Necessary to Soak Green Beans Before Cooking Them?
It’s unnecessary to soak fresh green beans before cooking them in the air fryer. All you need to do is wash the beans, dry them, then toss them with a light coating of olive oil for perfectly cooked green beans.
Can Frozen Green Beans Be Cooked in an Air Fryer?
Yes, you certainly can! Air frying frozen green beans can be done in the following way.
Rinse the beans under cool water until they’re almost thawed in a colander. Dry them thoroughly with paper towels before tossing them with oil and seasonings, and then proceed with the dish as directed. You may need to add another two minutes.
Why Are My Green Beans Still Tough After They’ve Been Cooked?
If your green beans are still hard after cooking, continue cooking in two-minute increments until they reach the required tenderness. To redistribute the beans and ensure that the heat circulates across the surface of all the beans, toss them in the air fryer basket occasionally during the cooking time.
Some Quick Suggestions:
- Before air frying your beans, make sure you top and tail them.
- Before spraying the beans with cooking spray, make sure they’re dehydrated. Otherwise, they won’t get crispy.
- You can easily quadruple the recipe, but you’ll have to air fry or bake in batches/on two trays.
- If you don’t have any cooking spray, you can use olive oil instead, but the serving will be higher in calories.
Air Fryer Green BeansThis super quick recipe makes a wonderful dish for busy weeknights meals.
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 lb green beans trimmed and halved
- 1 tsp butter melted
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients and toss to coat well.
- After preheating, arrange the green beans into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 10-12 minutes.
- While cooking, shake the basket once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the green beans from Air Fryer and serve.
NutritionCalories: 37kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 2gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 8mgPotassium: 243mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 785IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 44mgIron: 1mgTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
More Side dish Recipes
- Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Parmesan Brussel Sprouts