Gobi Manchurian is every vegan Indo-Chinese food lover’s favorite winter meal.
However, the air fryer version of this recipe is entirely something else.
Crispy Air Fryer Gobi Manchurian is a healthier alternative to deep-fried Manchurian because it’s air-fried and requires very little oil.
Follow the recipe below to make an air fryer Gobi Manchurian at home and eat guilt-free.
What is Cauliflower Manchurian or Gobi Manchurian?
It is traditionally an Indo-Chinese recipe. Cornstarch and a few spices are traditionally used to cover parboiled cauliflower florets. After that, they’re deep-fried and slathered in a spicy Manchurian sauce.
What Are the Two Different Ways to Cook Gobi Manchurian?
We can prepare Gobi Manchurian in two ways: dry or with gravy. The cauliflower fritters have a dry sauce-like texture in the dry Gobi Manchurian. In contrast, the cauliflower fritters are served in a thick soup-like spicy stew in the Gobi Manchurian gravy.
We are going to make an air fryer Gobi Manchurian with gravy. If you like dry Gobi Manchurian, skip the gravy part.
Why You Gonna Love These Air Fryers Gobi Manchurian?
Instead of deep-frying the cauliflower florets or baking them in the oven, I prefer air frying cauliflower florets because of the following reasons:
- Not only does air frying make the Gobi Manchurian healthier, but it also cuts down on cooking time.
- The air fryer Manchurian made at home uses a fraction of the oil used in the deep-fried version.
- Homemade Air fryer Gobi Manchurian is free from extra additives or MSG. Alternatively, the restaurant’s Gobi Manchurian has MSG / Ajinomoto in it.
- It’s a lot less expensive than ordering from restaurants and perfect to fulfill vegan dietary requirements.
How To Serve Air Fryer Manchurian Gobi?
You can serve Gobi Manchurian with Indo-Chinese Veg Noodles, Vegetable Fried Rice, Hakka Noodles, or Chowmein as an appetizer or side dish.
Can You Store Leftover Gobi Manchurian?
Any leftovers from this recipe will be safe for about 2-3 days in an airtight jar in the fridge.
Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipes
Air Fryer Gobi Manchurian
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tbsp giger paste
- ½ tbsp garlic paste
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup water
- 3 cups small cauliflower florets
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 white onion chopped
- 3 tbsp scallion greens sliced
- ½ green chili chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger chopped finely
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 4 tbsp water
- In a large-sized bowl, add all ingredients except for the cauliflower florets and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Add the cauliflower florets and coat with flour mixture generously.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the cauliflower florets into the greased Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 12-14 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the cauliflower florets once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, for sauce: in a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté the onions, scallion greens, green chili, garlic and ginger for about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, hot sauce and black pepper and cook for about 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the corn flour in water.
- In the skillet, add corn flour mixture and cook for about 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Remove the skillet of sauce from heat and transfer into a large serving bowl.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the cauliflower florets from Air Fryer.
- Add the cauliflower florets into the bowl of sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!