You love shrimps but hate them deep-frying? Fret not! You can now enjoy crispy shrimps without worrying about excessive oil using your air fryer.
This Air Fryer Breaded Shrimp is simple and tender, with a crunchy Panko breadcrumb covering and a flavorful mixture of mayonnaise, chili sauce, and Sriracha sauce. They’re cooked in just 10 minutes with almost no oil.
Why Use Air Fryer to Cook Breaded Shrimps?
Compared to the stovetop approach, breaded shrimps’ recipes using an air fryer are significantly healthier, simpler, and cleaner. It’s a healthier version of the traditional deep-fried shrimp appetizer.
If you’re a beginner, deep frying might be a bit dirty and daunting. This is when an air fryer comes in handy! All the crunch, with only a smidgeon of the oil!
How to Keep Breading Intact for Crispy Layer?
We’ve come up with a more straightforward approach to keep the breading intact, including coating shrimps in breadcrumbs after stirring them in a batter, rather than the traditional flour-egg mixture-bread crumb procedure. This results in keeping the breadcrumbs intact on the outside, forming a wonderful crust.
How to Defrost Frozen Shrimp?
Place them in a large mixing basin full of chilled or room temperature water if you’re using frozen shrimp. Allow it to defrost for about 10 minutes, and then gently dry the shrimp using a paper towel.
Is It Possible to Make the Air Fryer Breaded Shrimps in Advance?
These air fryer breaded shrimps taste best when made shortly before serving, as with everything breaded. However, you can also store them at room temperature in an airtight container for no more than 3-4 days.
What Type of Shrimp to Use?
Shrimp with tails on or off, uncooked, cooked, peeled, unpeeled, deveined, and various sizes can be found in the supermarket’s refrigerated and frozen areas.
We like the peeled and deveined type since it saves time and, more importantly, eliminates the inconvenience of dealing with the unpleasant vein.
More Appetizer Recipes
Air Fryer Breaded Shrimp
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a shallow bowl, place the flour.
- In a second shallow bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, chili sauce, and Sriracha sauce.
- In a third bowl, place the breadcrumbs.
- Coat each shrimp with the flour, then dip into mayonnaise mixture and finally coat with the breadcrumbs.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the shrimp into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 10 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the shrimp from Air Fryer and serve.