Sitting on the couch in front of the television and watching your favorite shows without snacks is something you never wish to do.
However, you also don’t want to miss your favorite show while making snacks in the kitchen.
Now it’s time to enjoy both these things together with a fantastic air fryer halloumi recipe.
It will take no more than 20 minutes to get it ready from zero point.
Is Halloumi a type of Cheese?
Yes! Halloumi is a type of cheese famous worldwide due to its various traditional Asian recipes. It is usually made from a mixture of goat milk and sheep milk. However, cow milk is also used in some types of Halloumi.
What is the Difference Between Halloumi and Cheddar Cheese?
The main difference is in their nutrient content. Halloumi cheese is rich in proteins and sodium as compared to cheddar cheese. Moreover, they vary in prices as well. Halloumi is more expensive than cheddar cheese as it is made from sheep milk with a meager yield. And the most dominant difference is that cheddar can be melted quickly, so it’s hard to roast it only. At the same time, halloumi can quickly be roasted.
How to Cook Halloumi using an Air Fryer?
You can cook halloumi in an air fryer by following some simple steps.
- First of all, grease the air fryer’s basket, slide it back, and preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the halloumi cheese into long slices and coat them evenly with olive oil. Then arrange them in the air fryer’s basket and slide them into the preheated air fryer.
- Let them cook for 7 to 8 minutes at 390° F. When cooked, get them out of the air fryer and serve.
More Appetizer Recipes
- Air Fryer Frozen Pretzels
- Air Fryer Bagel Bites
- Air Fryer Torino’s Party Pizza
Air Fryer HalloumiThe air fryer cooking gives this amazing halloumi cheese a wonderful texture.
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (8-ounce) block halloumi cheese cut into 8 slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Lightly coat each cheese slice with oil evenly.
- After preheating, arrange the halloumi slices into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 7-8 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the halloumi slices from Air Fryer and serve.
NutritionCalories: 38kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 27mgPotassium: 1mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gCalcium: 23mgIron: 1mgTried this recipe?Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below 🙂