Inviting friends for dinner and letting them wait on a dining table without an appetizer is not a situation you have yen for.
And you are never going to face this unwanted situation ever as the air fryer potato skins recipe is here to eliminate it.
These innovative cheese-filled appetizers are a treat to eat, especially before dinner.
Is the Rumor About Potato Skins Only Being the Peals of Potatoes is True?
This rumor is totally false as potato skins are peeled; they are complete potatoes cut into halves and poked from the center for some fillings. There might be some other recipe made from potato peel, but you cannot give it the name of potato skins.
What are Some Amazing Toppings and Fillings for Air Fryer Potato Skins?
If you have not pocked the potatoes, then you can eat them just after sprinkling some salt and pepper over them. However, if you have pocked them, you can use different filling materials such as cheese, bacon, yogurt, sour cream, or a mixture of vegetables. You can use minced parsley, coriander, or chopped green onion along with shredded cheese and spices to make them perfect for the topping.
What are Some Top Tips to Make Perfect Potato Skins in an Air Fryer?
You might feel some difference in the homemade and restaurant’s potato skins. To make your potato skins perfect, you must follow the following tips.
- Never soak your potatoes in freshwater or salted water before introducing them into the air fryer, as it will not let them get crispy, and you will get a soggy texture.
- Always use those fillings and toppings that you love to eat. It will double the taste of your potato skins.
- Always serve them with some dipping sauce. Blue cheese sauce will make the best pair with them.
More Appetizer Recipes
- Air Fryer Frozen Empanadas
- Air Fryer Red Robin Steak Fries
- Air Fryer Tyson Popcorn Chicken.
Air Fryer Potato SkinsDelicious Air Fryer potato skins are packed with cheddar cheese, bacon, sour cream, and scallion greens…
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 potatoes peeled
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 cooked bacon strips crumbled
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp scallion greens chopped
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Coat the potatoes with oil evenly.
- After preheating, arrange the potatoes into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 20 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the potatoes from Air Fryer and place onto a plate.
- Cut each cooked potato in half.
- Carefully scoop out most of the inside of the potato, leaving about ¼-inch of potato.
- Sprinkle each half with cheddar cheese and bacon crumbles.
- Again, arrange the potatoes into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and adjust the temperature to 350 °F for 3-5 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the potatoes from Air Fryer and serve with the topping of sour cream and scallion greens.
NutritionCalories: 377kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 11gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 261mgPotassium: 1000mgFiber: 5gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 358IUVitamin C: 43mgCalcium: 162mgIron: 2mgTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!