Weekends usually come with a lot of excitement for almost all ages of people as you have a whole free day in front of you. However, haven’t you tried to do something different in breakfast on weekends. If not, it’s the right time to try out this air fryer breakfast sausage casserole recipe. This delicious and flavorful recipe will fill the flavor to your weekends, and there is a risk that you will become addicted to it.
Is it OK to Have A Lot of Grease in the Breakfast, Which is present in Sausages?
As you are willing to try something special for your breakfast, it might not be a concern for you to count the calories, etc. However, if you are very sensitive and conscious about your health, you will be cheerful to read that you don’t have to eat all the grease present in the sausages. You first have to cook the sausages in a pan before introducing them to the original recipe. Therefore, once you cook them perfectly in your pan, you can drain the grease.
What Ingredients are Required to Make this Innovative Cuisine for Your Weekend Breakfast?
Ingredients required for this recipe are mushrooms, sausages, olive oil, onions, cheddar cheese, garlic paste, Alfredo Sauce, salt, pepper, and herbs you would like to have in your casserole. All these ingredients are full of nutrients and provide your body with the energy required to do your daily chores.
Make sure to preheat the air fryer. Otherwise, it will become difficult for you to handle it and get it cooked perfectly. There will be no risk of it being undercooked, but its texture will change significantly.
When it gets cooked, you must wait for a few moments to settle it before serving it.
You can top the casserole slices with shredded cheese and serve with some sauce.
More Breakfast Recipes
Air Fryer Breakfast Sausage Casserole
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lb spicy ground sausage
- ¾ cup yellow onion chopped
- 5 fresh mushrooms sliced
- 8 eggs beaten
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup Alfredo sauce
- Lightly grease a baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a non-stick wok, heat oil over medium heat and cook the sausage and onions for about 4-6 minutes.
- Add in the sliced mushrooms and cook for about 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drain the grease from the wok.
- In a bowl, add sausage mixture, beaten eggs, garlic salt, cheese and Alfredo sauce and stir to combine.
- Place the sausage mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the baking dish into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 12 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the baking dish from Air Fryer and place onto a cooling rack to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Cut the casserole into equal-sized wedges and serve with the topping of remaining cheese.