French toast is drenched in a spicy, flavorful mixture before being air-fried till wonderfully golden brown, caramelized, and crispy. There’s no need for oil, and it’s ready in minutes!
Because we’re not frying it in oil, Air Fryer Savory French Toast is a “lighter” version of the classic. However, it’s just as rich, decadent, and wonderful as the original.
- What Goes Well with Air Fryer Savory French Toast?
- Is it Possible to Cook Savory French Toasts Using an air fryer?
- What Causes the Sogginess of Air Fryer Savory French Toasts?
- Is it Possible to Fix Soggy Air Fryer Savory French Toasts?
- Is it Necessary to Use Oil When Making Air Fryer Savory French Toasts?
- More Breakfast Recipes
- Air Fryer Savory French Toast
What Goes Well with Air Fryer Savory French Toast?
Allow yourself to be pampered with a full breakfast buffet! Have these deliciously appetizing Air Fryer Savory French Toasts along with the creamiest Scrambled Eggs, and top it up with some crispy, smoky Bacon. Then enjoy it with the Smoothie for a healthy morning boost!
Add everything you want to it, including jam, ice cream, chocolate, fruits, and more!
Is it Possible to Cook Savory French Toasts Using an air fryer?
Yes! We love it because it eliminates the need for added fat. The food cooks quickly and does not stick to the basket because it is encircled by hot, flowing air.
What Causes the Sogginess of Air Fryer Savory French Toasts?
It was probably not hot enough when you put the slices in the air fryer. Remember that this is just a bread slice drenched in the flavorful mixture, so cook it thoroughly to firm it up.
Furthermore, the bread used in your recipe might not be thick enough; if that’s the case, it will fall apart and become soggy (if it is too thin).
Is it Possible to Fix Soggy Air Fryer Savory French Toasts?
Sure! You need to further cook for a few more minutes if you want. Also, if the surface is too wet, we recommend cooking it in a modest amount of butter on the skillet to crisp it up.
Is it Necessary to Use Oil When Making Air Fryer Savory French Toasts?
Yes, for the traditional stovetop version. But not in an air fryer! The hot, flowing air will evenly cook all sides, crisping them up and preventing them from sticking to the basket.
More Breakfast Recipes
Air Fryer Savory French Toast
- ¼ cup chickpea flour
- 3 tbsp onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp green chili seeded and finely chopped
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- to taste salt
- as required water
- 4 bread slices
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients except for water and bread slices and mix well.
- Add enough water and mix until a thick mixture forms.
- With a spoon, spread the mixture over both sides of each bread slice.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the bread slices into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 5 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the bread slices once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the bread slices from Air Fryer and serve.