Need a side dish? This lightly seasoned, tender-crisp broccolini that is quick and easy to make in an air fryer will be a perfect fit for any meaty dish.
The Air fryer broccolini is way better than the deep-fried oily one.
What Is Broccolini?
Broccolini is a logical combination of broccoli and Chinese broccoli. Broccolini gets its florets from broccoli and its long stems and leaves from Chinese broccoli.
Similarly, when it comes to the taste of broccolini, it falls in the middle. It has a subtle sweetness that reminds me of Chinese broccoli, and it’s mellower and less bitter than regular broccoli.
Why do We suggest Air Fryer Broccolini as a Side Dish?
The air-fried broccolini has a subtle earthy flavor that makes it a terrific side dish with chicken, beef, or fish. It is also a fantastic addition to casseroles, soups, and stir-fries.
Air-fried broccolini preserves its vibrant color and nutrition without being cooked in a lot of fat using just a few ingredients and much less time.
Which Seasoning is Best for Air fryer broccolini?
Broccolini’s slight sweetness allows it to be seasoned with a wide variety of flavors. We have used light olive oil, lemon, and minced garlic clove in our recipe. You can add other seasonings for more variety. You can also prepare broccoli in the air fryer if you don’t have broccolini.
Tips to Make perfect Air fryer Broccolini:
- After rinsing the broccolini, make sure it is well-dried. It will steam up the air fryer as a result of the water.
- The air fryer circulates hot air around the food. It’s best not to overcrowd the basket with broccolini.
- All air fryers are different. Check the broccolini 2 minutes before it’s done to make sure it doesn’t overcook.
Air Fryer Broccolini
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 12 ounce broccolini tips trimmed
- Non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, add lemon juice, oil, garlic and salt and mix well.
- Add the broccolini and toss to coat well.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 380 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the broccolini into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 6-7 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the broccolini from Air Fryer and serve.