Can I cook Spinach in the Air Fryer? Really? Oh Yes! You can cook the spinach in your air fryer, and it will be delicious, easy-to-cook, and flavorful.
It’s easier to eat delicious vegetables when the recipes are effortless. Similarly, this air fryer lemony spinach recipe cooks fast and works well as a side dish for any meal.
Garlic and Jalapeño’s savory flavor and sparkling lemon flavor complement spinach perfectly.
Thanks to the air fryer, you can make a nutritious spinach side dish for family dinner in only 16 min. That’s why we refer to it as “simply fantastic!”
This is a low-carb and keto-friendly vegetable that is always a good choice.
Is it Possible to Make Fresh Spinach in the Air Fryer?
Yes, you can, but there are a few considerations to consider. So, cooking fresh spinach in your Air Fryer will need something like a lid or aluminum foil, similar to how you cook rice in an Air Fryer.
Is it Possible to Prepare Air-Fried Lemony Spinach Ahead of Time?
Yes, Air Fryer spinach can be prepared ahead of time. You can make just one batch at a time or several batches and save them for later.
Do I Need to Add Water When Cooking Spinach in the Air Fryer?
When I cook spinach in the Air Fryer, I don’t add any water, just like when cooking it on the stove. The spinach has a lot of water because it was washed before cooking.
When you cook spinach in an Air Fryer, it wilts due to the high temperature and wet spinach, shrinking in size. So, when frying it in your Air Fryer, you don’t need to add any more water.
How Can I Store it?
You can refrigerate it for a couple of days in an airtight storage box. If you want to keep it for a more extended period, freeze it. Fill a freezer-safe food container with the cooled spinach. It should be kept for at least a month.
More Side Dish Recipes
Air Fryer Lemony Spinach
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 lb fresh spinach chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest grated
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 340 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the spinach mixture into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 15 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the spinach mixture into from Air Fryer and transfer into a bowl.
- Immediately stir in the lemon juice and zest and serve hot.