You all must have eaten a lot of biscuits and different varieties of them in your breakfast. However, have you ever tried the biscuits made by using buttermilk in them?
If No, this air fryer buttermilk recipe will help you make them at your home by spending a little time.
You are going to love these biscuits so much that they will be an integral part of your breakfast table.
Is There any Difference Between Normal Biscuits and These Air Fryer Buttermilk Biscuits?
The main difference is that of some ingredients, especially milk which is replaced by buttermilk in the case of buttermilk biscuits. Other than that, buttermilk biscuits are more puffed and softer than ordinary biscuits, and layers are formed in them. Moreover, they vary significantly in their taste as the buttermilk biscuits usually have a tanginess that is not common in other biscuits.
What are Ingredients Required to Make these Delicious Buttermilk Biscuits in Your Air Fryer?
Some ingredients are similar to making regular cookies, such as flour, baking powder, eggs, butter, sugar, salt, etc. However, you have to add some extra butter buttermilk and avoid simple milk to make them perfect. You can also use some dry fruits in these biscuits to make them even more delicious with a crunchy flavor of nuts or almonds.
How to Make the Dough for These Biscuits?
First, you have to take some butter, grate it using a fork, and add it to the flour. Add all other ingredients as well and mix them well. After that, you have to add buttermilk and knead the mixture using your hands. Once you get the perfect dough, make balls from them and give them the shape of biscuits. These biscuits are just 8 minutes away from being served. These 8 minutes are required to bake them in an air fryer.
More Breakfast Recipes
Air Fryer Buttermilk Biscuits
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- ½ cup cake flour
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- as required salt
- ¼ cup cold unsalted butter cut into cubes
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Grease a pie pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- With two forks, cut in the butter until coarse crumb forms.
- Slowly, add in the buttermilk and mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and with your hands, press it into ½ inch thickness.
- With a 1¾-inch round cookie cutter, cut the biscuits.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Place the biscuits in the prepared pie pan in a single layer and coat with butter.
- After preheating, arrange the pie pan into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 8 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the biscuits from Air Fryer and serve.