Carrots cooked in the air fryer are incredible!
One thing I like about it is how quickly they can be done compared to using the oven. Traditionally, roasting carrots in the oven takes approximately 30 minutes to get appropriately tender and browned. Still, you can cut that time in half with the air fryer.
Air Fryer Carrots are delicately roasted. You can make them sweet or savory in less than an hour.
This recipe is for the savory Air Fryer Carrots. However, let me tell you briefly how to make sweet air fryer carrots.
Sweet Air Fryer Carrots:
Wash and peel the carrots first. You can leave the peel on the carrots if you like, but it imparts a slight bitterness to the carrots. If you’re peeling the carrot, use a vegetable peeler to avoid removing too much of the carrot.
Next, cut the carrots into 1-inch chunks and place them in a big mixing basin. Stir in the melted butter, brown sugar, and salt until the carrots are completely covered.
It would help if you placed the carrots in an oven-safe basin that fits in your air fryer. Cook for 20-25 minutes at 380 degrees Fahrenheit, stirring halfway through. Season with salt to taste.
That’s it! It is simple to cook food from scratch in an air fryer.
Can Frozen Vegetables Be Air-Fried?
Yes! Frozen vegetables can be cooked in the air fryer. They’ll be even fresher than if you microwaved them.
Vegetables are usually steamed in water in the microwave, making them watery and mushy.
Any excess water in an air fryer will fall into the drawer beneath the basket. This will prevent waterlogging of your vegetables.
How to Reheat Frozen Carrots in An Air Fryer?
Using an air fryer to reheat everything from pizza to brownies is a great idea. Heat your air fryer to 325 degrees F and cook these roasted frozen carrots for 5 minutes, shaking halfway through.
Air Fryer Carrots
- 1 pound peeled and cut into ½-inch sticks
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a large-sized bowl, add all ingredients and toss to coat well.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 325 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the carrot sticks into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 12-15 minutes.
- While cooking,
- After cooking time is finished, remove the carrot sticks from Air Fryer and serve.
More Side Dish Recipes