Are you the one who gets bored of typical appetizers such as nuggets, fried wings, and salads?
If yes, it’s time to try something delicious and innovative, the Empanadas. You can easily make them at home using your air fryer within a few minutes.
Arrange the Empanadas in the air fryer’s basket and slide them into the fryer.
Do You Need to Defrost the Empanadas Before Cooking Them in an Air Fryer?
You don’t need to defrost them as it will require time. Make frozen Empanadas straight from your freezer into the air fryer.
Is it Required to Grease the Empanadas When Making Them in the Air Fryer?
Air fryer means less-to-no oil. However, occasionally, you only need to grease the air fryer’s basket with non-stick cooking spray. There is no need to apply it over empanadas or other frozen food.
Are Empanadas Vegan?
Traditionally, empanadas are non-vegan as they are usually filled with fish or chicken. However, you can get the vegan versions filled with different vegetables. Or you can make them at your home by filling the homemade dough with some fried or roasted vegetables of your choice.
How to Get the Perfect Crispy Brown Crust When Making Empanadas in an Air Fryer?
Crack an egg and beat it slightly using a spoon. Use this beaten egg to coat the empanadas with the help of a brush evenly. It gives the typical crisp and brown color to the crust.
What Should be Used Instead of Beaten Eggs to Make Vegan Empanadas?
When making vegan empanadas, you don’t have to use the egg as it is considered non-vegan. The best solution is to use olive oil for coating. It will give similar crispiness, texture, and color to the crust.
Air Fryer Frozen Empanadas
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 egg
- 4 frozen empanadas
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- In a small bowl, crack the egg and beat lightly.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 350 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Brush the frozen empanadas with beaten egg.
- After preheating, arrange the empanadas into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 8-10 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the empanadas once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the empanadas from Air Fryer and serve.
More Appetizer Recipes