Who says desserts are hard to create or time-consuming tasks? If you think so, you haven’t tried the air fryer chocolaty banana pastries yet.
The air fryer chocolaty banana pastries need 3-ingredients, and that too from your pantry. It is easy, convenient, and a healthy recipe that can make dessert-making such a hassle-free job for you.
You will only need bananas, Nutella spread, and puff pastries for this recipe. Add an egg to this recipe, and you can call it an Air Fryer Nutella Banana Danish.
What Is Puff Pastry, Exactly?
Puff pastry is a flaky and light dough formed in successive layers by layering butter and pastry dough. Before baking, it is folded and rolled out. The layers become airy, flaky, light, and deliciously buttery as they bake. We use different sweet and savory stuffing to fill puff pastries, and then we bake them to enjoy amazing treats.
How to Make a Vegan Air Fryer Chocolaty Banana Pastries?
If you intend to vegan-ize this recipe, try Nuttvia instead of Nutella, and replace regular puff pastries with vegan puff pastries.
Nuttvia is a hazelnut chocolate spread that is purely vegan. It has zero% palm oil and 97% less sugar than Nutella.
How to Prepare Pastries for This Recipe?
Firstly, thaw your frozen puff pastry sheet and bring it to room temperature. Score the pastry sheet in 4 equal parts with the help of a cake scraper or pizza cutter. It is time to fill the pastries. Apply Nutella in the middle of each part of the pastry, leaving a centimeter from each corner—spread thin slices of bananas over the Nutella spread. Do a second coat of banana, completely covering Nutella. Now cover whole puff pastry with equal size of another pastry sheet and seal the edges by applying a little bit of water and pressing with the help of a fork. Your chocolaty banana pastry is ready to go in the air fryer.
Air Frying Tip: For a golden crust, coat your pastries with an egg wash before introducing them to the air fryer.
More Dessert Recipes
Air Fryer Chocolaty Banana Pastries
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- ½ cup Nutella
- 2 bananas peeled and sliced
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Cut the pastry sheet into 4 equal-sized squares.
- Spread Nutella on each square of pastry evenly.
- Divide the banana slices over Nutella.
- Fold each square into a triangle and with wet fingers, slightly press the edges.
- Then with a fork, press the edges firmly.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 375 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the pastries into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 10-12 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the pastries from Air Fryer and serve warm.