The Air Fryer is ideal for preparing various foods, including egg omelet, that would ordinarily be prepared in the oven or on the stove in less time, with nearly no mess, no hot kitchen, and, most importantly, with less or almost no oil.
Air Frying an omelet results in a fluffy, soft omelet. You can customize your omelet by adding your favorite omelet toppings. You’ll be astonished at how simple it is to cook an omelet using your Air Fryer.
So, are you ready to learn how to prepare an onion omelet in an Air Fryer? Join me in this recipe!
Why Cook an Onion Omelet in the Air Fryer?
When compared to cooking an omelet on a stovetop, air fryer omelet offers numerous advantages:
Set & Forget: Preheat the Air Fryer while whisking the eggs. After that, place the omelet in the pan, set the timer, and walk away. Your omelet will be ready when you return. There’s no need for babysitting or tossing off the egg.
Quick to Prepare: making an Air Fryer omelet is a snap. You can get this omelet on the table in a matter of minutes.
Fewer Dishes: You use a cake pan to whisk the eggs and bake them in. There’s no need to clean an extra cup or pan.
Is It Possible to Freeze the Air Fryer Onion Omelet?
Yes, after cooling it at room temperature, wrap your omelet in no less than three plastic wrap layers to avoid frost damage or rancidity.
Place the omelet in a Ziploc bag or airtight box after wrapping and put in the freezer for no more than 3 months.
How Can I Reheat the Frozen Air Fryer Onion Omelet?
Just preheat your Air Fryer at 350°F for about 3 minutes. Heat the omelet on a grill pan or an Air Fryer basket with a parchment liner for 10 minutes or until well heated.
More Breakfast Recipes
Air Fryer Onion Omelet
- 4 eggs
- ¼ tsp low sodium soy sauce
- as required ground black pepper
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 medium yelllow onion sliced
- In a small skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and cook the onion and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add the eggs, soy sauce and black pepper and beat well.
- Add the cooked onion and gently stir to combine.
- Place the onion mixture into a small baking pan.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature to 350 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the baking pan into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 5 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the baking pan from Air Fryer and set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Cut into equal-sized wedges and serve.