Getting a hash brown patty from McDonald’s to go with my pancakes is one of my best childhood memories. They were always a delight, especially after Church on Sundays.
Thankfully, with the entry of the air fryer in my kitchen, making hash browns has become a daily routine.
You’ll also want to eat these air fryer hash brown patties every morning since they’re so crispy. They’re also a delectable quick snack.
Is It Possible to Air Fry Hash Brown Patties?
Spread the frozen hash brown patties in a uniform layer in the air fryer basket (make sure they don’t overlap). Air fry for 10 minutes at 400°F. Overturn the hash brown patties. Continue to Air Fry for another 2-5 minutes at 400°F or until crisped to your taste. You don’t need to thaw them first.
Do You Need to Spray Oil on Hash Brown Patties While Air Frying Them?
These crispy patties are incredible: the texture is crisp and flawless without the need for any oil. The frozen patties already include oil; you don’t need to use any additional oil spray. However, if you spray the hash browns with oil, they will have a more “crispy deep-fried” quality.
How About Frying Shredded Hash Browns in The Air?
Here’s what we recommend if you want to cook shredded hash browns in an air fryer:
- Thaw the shredded hash browns fully and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Make small, highly flat patties. In the air fryer, the flatter they are, the faster and crispier they will cook.
- Brush both sides of the shredded hash brown patties with a generous amount of oil.
- Air fry at the temperature listed in the recipe box. You may need to cook them for a few minutes longer to ensure that they are fully cooked.
- Before you flip them, make sure they’re crispy on top. Yes, you must flip them so that both sides are brown and crisp.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Air Fryer Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Air Fryer Quiche
- Air Fryer Toasted Bagel
Air Fryer Hash Brown PattiesA restaurant-style recipe of hash brown patties with a crispy outside and soft tender insides…
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 frozen hash brown patties
Tried this recipe?Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below 🙂
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the patties into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 10-12 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the patties halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the patties from Air Fryer and serve.