Coconut cookies were a childhood favorite! Whether it was the Parle coconut cookies or the bakery coconut biscuits, they were both delicious.
Your new favorite cookie recipe will be this coconut cookie. Why am I being so dramatic? Well, to be honestly speaking, due to the burst of flavor supplied by desiccated coconut, coconut cookies are particularly mouthwatering. The best part about these nutritious air-fried cookies is the delectable combination of coconut, butter, and white chocolate.
For those who haven’t already baked items in an air fryer, here’s a quick summary of why someone would do anything like bake cookies in an air fryer:
Portion control: Make a few and put the rest of the dough in the freezer.
Baked cookies in a flash: You can get fresh cookies in as little as 6 minutes after starting on your air fryer (if you already freeze or refrigerate the dough).
Doesn’t cause your kitchen to overheat: If you don’t have air conditioning, turning on the oven in the summer is miserable because the heat stays in your cramped kitchen. Therefore, using an air fryer comes in handy when you do not want to heat your house, particularly your kitchen.
Is It Good to Use Toasted Coconut to Make Coconut Cookies?
Yes, you absolutely can! These cookies will have a rich nutty taste from the toasted coconut.
How to Store Leftover Cookie Dough?
Use plastic wrap to wrap the cookie dough to keep it fresh. It’s possible to freeze cookie dough for up to a month.
More Dessert Recipes
Air Fryer Coconut Cookies
- 2 ¼ ounces caster sugar
- 3 ½ ounces butter
- 1 small egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 ounces self rising flour
- 1 ¼ ounces white chocolate chopped
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- In a large bowl, add the sugar and butter and beat until fluffy and light.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour and chocolate and mix well.
- In a shallow bowl, place the coconut.
- With your hands, make small balls from the mixture and roll into the coconut evenly.
- Place the balls onto an ungreased baking sheet about 1- inch apart and gently press each ball.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature to 355 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the baking sheet into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes of cooking, adjust the temperature to 320 °F for 4 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, let the cookies cool in the basket for about 2-3 minutes.
- Then transfer the cookies onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.