Don’t you want to try some innovative side dishes instead of regular ones like mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, roasted beans, rolls, etc.?
If yes, you must go with the air fryer cornbread recipe as it will be a valuable addition to your dining table.
You can make them with simple ingredients by following a few simple steps.
What are the Ingredients to Make Cornbread in an Air Fryer?
You have to use cornmeal which is a grounded form of dried cor. Sugar, all-purpose flour, buttermilk, salt, baking powder, butter, and baking soda are other ingredients used to make them perfect.
How to Make Dough for Air Fryer Cornbread?
You have to prepare dry and wet mixtures using ingredients to make the dough. Beat buttermilk, butter, and eggs in a bowl with the help of a beater. Take another bowl and mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder to make a dry mixture. Now pour the wet mixture and mix it well with your hands or a spatula. Knead the dough by slightly rolling it over a floured surface. Let it settle for a few minutes at some hot corner of your home.
What Treatment Should be Given to Air Fryer Cornbread Before Serving Them?
Get it out of the air fryer and use a knife to separate the sides from the cake pan. Then flip it onto a plate. If you don’t like the upper browned surface, cut it using a sharp knife and then cut the bread into small pieces, like a cake.
How to Serve Air Fryer Cornbread?
You can serve them with some butter or caramel running over them. Honey or cheese topping will also make a perfect pair with them. If you want them savory cuisine, you can serve them with shredded chicken, hot dogs, pork, or roasted jalapenos.
More Side Dish Recipes
Air Fryer Cornbread
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- Lightly grease an 8-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add the buttermilk, butter, and eggs and beat until well combined.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Place the flour mixture into the prepared baking dish evenly.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature to 360 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the baking dish into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the baking dish from Air Fryer and place onto a wire rack for about 10-15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the bread from baking dish and place onto the wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
- Cut the bread into desired-sized pieces and serve.