We should never underestimate the power of simple things. And these air fryer carrots and potatoes are a great illustration of how two simple ingredients can be transformed into something delicious with minimal effort.
This combination would be ideal as a nutritious side dish for your next chicken supper or any protein that requires a warm, delicious accompaniment.
Why Air Fry Carrots and Potatoes?
When you bake veggies and potatoes in the oven, you’ll need a lot of butter and oil to keep them from tasting dry and burnt.
Air fried potatoes and carrots, on the other hand, and you’ll be amazed at how little oil is required and how much better they taste than baked potatoes and carrots.
I’m not a fan of no-oil cooking since it’s too dry, but you can cut your oil consumption by more than 80%.
This guideline applies to these air fryer potatoes and carrots. They only require two teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil and serve four people. As a result, 12 teaspoons per person is required.
How to Make Air Fryer Carrots and Potatoes?
This is a straightforward recipe. Half a pound of red potatoes, half a pound of carrots, some olive oil, and a handful of spices are all you’ll need. I’ll walk you through everything below. If you want to skip ahead, there’s a full recipe card at the bottom of the post.
What Kinds of Potatoes Should I Use to Make Air Fryer Carrots and Potatoes?
You can use any potatoes for roasting. However, russet, red potatoes, and Yukon gold are the most appropriate choices.
How Long Do Veggies Take to Cook in the Air Fryer?
Spray the basket insert with nonstick cooking spray after your air fryer has been preheated. Cook for 8 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and top with parmesan right away. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Carrots & Potatoes
- ½ lb red potatoes chopped
- ½ lb carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- ½ tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- In a bowl, add potatoes, carrots, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil and toss to coat well.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the veggies into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the sugar, herbs, spices, salt and black pepper.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the veggies from Air Fryer and transfer into a bowl with remaining oil and toss to coat well.
- Add the sugar mixture and toss to coat well.
- Again, arrange the veggies into the Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and adjust the temperature to 400 °F to preheat for 10-12 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the veggies from Air Fryer and serve.
More Side dish Recipes