Making some fantastic appetizers using seafood has always been something you never want to do. This is because of the difficulty of handling sticky seafood.
But from now on, this is not going to be a difficult task for you as you can make air fryer crab cakes with almost no effort.
And it will take only 25 minutes to get ready for these delicious appetizers.
Which Crab Meat is Suitable to Make Air Fryer Crab Cakes?
Lump crab is considered the most suitable crab meat for air fryer crab cakes. This usually comes from the most prominent lumps of two muscles attached to any crab’s swimming legs. It is usually clean white and highly prized—the price increases with the size of these lumps.
How to Prepare Crab Meat to Make Air Fryer Crab Cakes?
Take the lump crab meat in a bowl and add some salt and pepper to it. Then add some breadcrumbs, chopped scallions, mayonnaise, mustard paste, Worcestershire sauce, bay seasoning, and eggs. Mix them well using your hands, and then make patties from them. They are now ready to slide into the air fryer and cook.
How to Prevent the Crab Cakes from Breaking When Cooking Them in an Air Fryer?
The only struggle you can face when making air fryer crab cakes is breaking during cooking. However, you don’t need to worry about it as it can be easily prevented by chilling the uncooked crab meat cakes for half an hour.
How to Store Air Fryer Crab Cakes?
If you want to save the crab cakes, you can simply freeze them. Make the crab cakes, place them uncooked in an airtight container and freeze them. They can be cooked frozen as well in the air fryer.
More Appetizer Recipes
Air Fryer Crab Cakes
- ½ lb lump crab meat
- 3 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp scallion finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- as required ground black pepper
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients and gently stir to combine.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Make 4 equal-sized patties from the mixture.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 375 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the crab cakes into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 10 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the crab cakes once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the crab cakes from Air Fryer and serve.