In the air fryer, make classic crispy fried catfish! Crispy catfish fillets seasoned in Cajun and cornmeal breading, soft and mild on the inside with a beautiful brown crust on the outside.
Crispy Catfish in the Air Fryer is another favorite of mine. I’d wanted to try fried crispy catfish in the Air Fryer for a long time. I was blown away by the Air Fryer’s results! This fish was incredibly crispy and had a great texture.
Why Should I Use Air Fryer to Make Crispy Catfish?
Instead of deep-frying, using the Air Fryer saves about 400 calories plus 45 grams of fat per serving.
I appreciate that there is no stench in the house after cooking these! I rarely fry things in my house, especially fish, because the deep-fried stench stays for DAYS! Thank you very much, Air Fryer!
Where to Look for Catfish?
Catfish fillets can be found in the seafood section of your local supermarket or online if you can’t locate catfish, use cod or tilapia fish instead.
Is It Possible to Store Air Fryer Crispy Catfish?
Absolutely! Yes, you can easily store it. Just keep the leftover catfish refrigerated for up to 2 days in an airtight container. You may also freeze the fish in an airtight container for up to a month. Reheat them in the air fryer or microwave when you’re ready to eat leftovers again.
How to Reheat the Air Fryer Crispy Catfish?
I strongly warn avoiding using the microwave for reheating! As wonderful as this fish is, the microwave will dry out the catfish and make the home smell like fish.
Instead, reheat any leftover air-fried catfish in the air fryer! It should only take around 5 minutes to reheat at 400°F.
What Sides to Serve with Air Fryer Crispy Catfish?
- Cole Slaw
- Tartar sauce or hot sauce along with lemon wedges on the side.
- French fries
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Potato Salad
- Bacon & Beans
More Dinner Recipes
- Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Drumsticks
- Air Fryer Glazed Beef Short Ribs
- Air Fryer Fish and Chips
Air Fryer Crispy CatfishA restaurant-style fish recipe that is prepared at home easily…
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 tbsp cornmeal polenta
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- as required salt
- 2(6-ounce) catfish fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the cornmeal, Cajun seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, and salt.
- Add the catfish fillets and coat with the mixture evenly.
- Now coat each fillet with oil.
- After preheating, arrange the fish fillets into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 13-14 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the fish fillets once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the fish fillets from Air Fryer and serve.
NutritionCalories: 11185kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 1917gFat: 337gSaturated Fat: 85gPolyunsaturated Fat: 102gMonounsaturated Fat: 104gCholesterol: 6786mgSodium: 5033mgPotassium: 41943mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 6874IUVitamin C: 84mgCalcium: 1643mgIron: 36mgTried this recipe?Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below 🙂