Who doesn’t like fish and chips? No one, I know.
The air fryer fish and chips are even tastier and more flavorful than the old fish and chips recipes.
The air fryer fish and chips are crisp, crunchy fish fillets with homemade fries.
Does the Fish Cook in An Air Fryer Becomes Crispy?
Air fryers are fantastic for fried fish cravings. The fish cooks rapidly, and the breaded coating crisps up to the same degree as deep-fried fish.
Is It Possible to Fry Battered Food in An Air Fryer?
In a nutshell, the answer is no! Because an air fryer uses hot air to cook, it can’t firm the wet batter as quickly as an oil fryer can. Your batter will have an odd gloopy texture, which is not desirable!
How Long Does It Take to Cook Frozen Fish and Chips in An Air Fryer?
Using frozen ingredients to make it
Place the frozen fish in the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 400°F/200°C, and air fry for 5 minutes. Then add the frozen fries and air fry for another 15 minutes. To help the fries cook evenly, flip the fish halfway through and shake the basket.
How to Store the Leftover Air Fryer Fish and Chips?
Keep leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container or zippered bag.
Tips and Suggestions:
- Make sure the air fryer basket isn’t too full. If necessary, fry the fish strips in two batches to ensure that they do not contact.
- Before breading the fish, remove as much moisture as possible. Dab the fish with an absorbent dish towel to remove any extra moisture.
- Prepare your air fryer by preheating it. This means that the temperature and airflows will be proper when you cook the fish. If you don’t pre-heat, your meal will cook unevenly.
- Check to see if the fish is thoroughly done. Depending on how thick your fillets are, they may take a little longer or a little faster to fry thoroughly.
More Dinner Recipes
- Air Fryer Honey Mustard Salmon
- Air Fryer Top Round Roast
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
Air Fryer Fish and ChipsCreate the perfect and delicious fish & chips right at home in Air Fryer!
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cut into ½-inch thick sticks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) cod fillet
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp water
- ⅔ cup cornflakes crushed
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, add the potato sticks, oil, salt and black pepper and toss to coat well.
- After preheating, arrange the potato sticks into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 15-20 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the potato sticks once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle each cod fillet with salt lightly.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the flour and black pepper.
- In a second shallow bowl, add egg and water and beat lightly.
- In a third bowl, add the cornflakes, cheese and cayenne pepper and mix well.
- Coat each cod fillet with flour mixture, then dip into egg mixture and finally coat with cornflake mixture.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the potato sticks from Air Fryer and place onto a plate.
- Arrange the cod fillets into the Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 8-10 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the cod fillets once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the cod fillets from Air Fryer and serve alongside the potato sticks.
NutritionCalories: 1698kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 326gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 821mgSodium: 1342mgPotassium: 7924mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 910IUVitamin C: 40mgCalcium: 326mgIron: 10mgTried this recipe?Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below 🙂