Are you a big fan of KFC and McDonald’s, particularly their crispy fried chicken? But you cannot visit there to eat your favorite chicken dinner and don’t want your kids to do as it contains a lot of oil and is harmful to your health.
However, with this air fryer crispy chicken thighs recipe, you can make crispy chicken pieces at your home, which are healthier than the chicken pieces you bought from some restaurants.
How to Cut Chicken to Make This Delicious Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Thighs?
It would help if you had chicken leg pieces and then cut them from the upper portion into two halves. The portion with the leg will make drumsticks, and the other one will form a chicken thigh. You don’t need to remove bones from this part of the chicken. Cutting them further will not impact their taste but keeping the thigh piece as it is, gives a better and yummier look.
How to Make the Chicken Thighs Crispier When Using an Air Fryer to Make them?
An air fryer will introduce crispiness to the outside of these chicken thighs while maintaining internal tenderness. However, the coating of the chicken thighs also plays a vital role in increasing this crispiness. First of all, you should coat them with all the spices and seasoning you are willing to add. Then it would help if you coated them with all-purpose flour followed by dipping them in beaten eggs. Then you have to put a final coat of flour or bread crumbs. You can also use flakes to get similar crispiness at KFC.
More Chicken Dinner
Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Thighs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 egg
- 4 (4-ounces) skin-on chicken thighs
- non stick cooking spray
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the flour, Cajun seasoning, and salt.
- In another bowl, crack the egg and beat well.
- Coat each chicken thigh with the flour mixture, then dip into beaten egg and finally, coat with the flour mixture again.
- Shake off the excess flour thoroughly.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the chicken thighs into the greased Air Fryer Basket, skin side down in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 5 minutes.
- After15 minutes of cooking, flip the chicken thighs.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the chicken thighs from Air Fryer and serve.