This recipe of air fryer tilapia is crispy and delightfully flaky, and it takes only 15 minutes to prepare and just 14 minutes to cook in the air fryer! Serve the savory air fryer crispy tilapia with potatoes, rice, a salad, or tacos.
The ranch dressing flavor and breadcrumb crispiness will HIT your taste buds perfectly, and it’s super easy to create without breaking the fish (during cooking).
Why Should I Make Air FrYer Fryer Cheesy Spinachyer Crispy Tilapia?
Who doesn’t love a ‘Golden, Crispy Fried Fish,’ but there’s a catch: it’s fried, and with summer in full swing, I’m not in the mood to heat the kitchen by grilling or turning on the oven.
So this dish is the ideal solution to our demands for crispy fried tilapia with no need for frying!!
Who doesn’t like dinners that
- can be prepared in under 30 minutes
- full of taste
- requires little effort
- is mess-free and requires few utensils/dishes
Is it possible to cook frozen Tilapia in an air fryer?
Yes, you can use frozen tilapia, and it gets crunchy up in no time. I usually defrost the fish first, but I’ve done it without doing so as well (you will have to cook it for another minute or two).
Is it possible to cook tilapia without breading in an air fryer?
Yes! When the breading is unavailable, or you do not want it, brush your fish with oil, season with salt and pepper, and cook at the same temperature.
Is it possible to freeze this air-fried tilapia?
It’s finest the day it is cooked, like with anything breaded, because it’s crispiest. You may, however, make a few of them ahead of time, store them in your refrigerator, and reheat them later.
More Seafood Recipes
Air Fryer Crispy Tilapia
- ¾ cup cornflakes crushed
- 1 (1-ounce) packet dry ranch-style dressing mix
- 2½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs.
- In another bowl, add the cornflakes, ranch dressing, and oil and mix until a crumbly mixture forms.
- Dip the fish fillets into egg and then coat with the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 355 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the fish fillets into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 14 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the fish fillets once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the fish fillets from Air Fryer and serve.