Didn’t you like tofu? This recipe will make you change your mind. The air fryer crispy tofu is a flavorful and adaptable crispy air fryer tofu made with five easy ingredients.
This crispy-fried tofu can be used in a variety of ways. Serve as an appetizer, add to a vegetable stir-fry, or toss into a salad or buddha bowl.
How to Press the Tofu?
To make crispy tofu with texture, you must press the tofu first. You can make tofu with a tofu press or these two simple approaches.
1st Method – On a plate or baking sheet, sandwich tofu between several sheets of paper towel. Place a heavy pan on top of the tofu, followed by 3-4 heavy cans. Allow for 30 minutes of resting time.
2nd Method– Another approach is to cut the tofu into large cubes—Line a baking sheet with paper towels and sandwich the tofu pieces between them. Then, on top of that, stack another large cookie sheet with heavy cans and press for 30 minutes.
What Should I Serve with Tofu?
Tofu is a versatile plant protein that may be used in various dishes. Serve the tofu from the air fryer with sticky rice and steamed vegetables. Alternatively, sprinkle over your buddha bowl. Add it to a salad or mix it into a stir-fry.
More Appetizer Recipes
Air Fryer Crispy Tofu
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray Make sure you aren't using silken tofu for this recipe! If you try to press it, it will have the wrong texture and fall apart.
- 1 (14-ounces) block firm tofu, pressed, drained and cubed into½-inch size cubes If you have a smaller air fryer, you'll want to split this into two batches because you don't want your tofu to be crowded.
- 2 tbsp cornstarch Make sure they have enough room. I need two batches in my smaller air fryer.
- ¼ cup flour Every air fryer is different; check if your tofu needs an extra 5minutes. After 10 minutes, mine was great!
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 360 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the tofu cubes into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 20-22 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the tofu cubes once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the tofu cubes from Air Fryer and serve.