A tea party without any snacks, especially during spring, is not a good idea. So, you always wish to host a tea party along with some classic and healthy snacks.
This air fryer egg rolls recipe will help you make healthy snacks using fresh ingredients and don’t require any condensed or stored food items.
You can make them in 35 to 37 minutes, including preparations and cooking time.
What are the Ingredients Required to Make these Healthy Snacks?
The essential ingredients are eggs, mushrooms, sliced chestnuts, ginger, bean sprouts, carrots, scallions, soy sauce, five-spice powder, shrimps, and roll wrappers. Ensure that all the vegetables are peeled, washed, and cut into tiny cubes or thin slices. The herbs must also be chopped perfectly. The essential thing that you should keep in mind is that all these ingredients should be fresh.
Why Should You Opt for an Air Fryer Instead of Frying Them in a Pan Full of Oil?
The primary purpose of making these rolls from fresh ingredients is to supply healthy snacks with tea. But if you fry them in a pan, the oil will enter the rolls, which is not suitable for your health. Therefore, making them in an air fryer is suggested as it requires little oil only for coating, not frying.
How to Make the Filling Material of These Delicious Rolls?
You have to take very little oil in the pan and then fry mushrooms and chestnuts in it for a few minutes. Then add all the vegetables and herbs in it along with some spices of your choice and shrimp, mix them well and let them off the stove after 1 to 2 minutes. Let it cool before filling in the rolls. Otherwise, your rolls will not be crispier outside due to the accumulation of steam inside them.
More Snack Recipes
Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
Air Fryer Egg Rolls (from scratch)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil divided
- 1 iunce fresh mushrooms sliced
- ½ ounce canned water checnuts sliced
- ½ tsp fresh ginger finely grated
- ½ ounce bean sprouts
- ½ small carrot peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 scallions (green part) chopped
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 2 ounce cooked shrimps
- 6 egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg beaten
- non stick cooking spray
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté the mushrooms, water chestnuts, and ginger for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the beans sprouts, carrot, scallion, soy sauce, and five-spice powder and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the shrimps and remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
- Place 1 egg roll wrapper onto a smooth surface, one corner is towards you.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of filling in the bottom half of the wrapper.
- Wrap that corner over the filling and turn both sides over the wrapper.
- Then roll like a burrito.
- Seal the edges with the beaten egg.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Coat each roll with the cooking spray evenly.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the rolls into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 12 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the rolls once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the rolls from Air Fryer and serve.
Leave a Reply