All of you will love to prefer potato wedges over fries as they are healthier and easier to cook when compared with regular fries.
However, instead of frying them in the pan or baking them in the oven, using an air fryer to make air fryer potato wedges will make things a lot more fun.
After trying them once, you are going to admire the taste, crispiness, and rich flavors they get in an air fryer.
Which Thing Dominates the Air Fryer Potato Wedges Over Regular Fries?
Regular fries are usually deep-fried in canola oil which is not suitable for health. On the other hand, air fryer potato wedges are cooked using olive oil, which is healthier. This olive oil is also used in a minimal amount just to coat them. So, no oil gets entrapped, and they remain healthier and crispier than regular fries.
How to Prepare Potatoes to Make Air Fryer Potato Wedges?
Take potatoes and cut them into wedges. Please put them in a bowl and add olive oil along with all other ingredients like salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and dried oregano to this bowl. Then coat them well with these ingredients and let them sit for a few moments so that all the flavors get absorbed by potatoes.
How Can You Bring Some Extra Crisp to Your Potato Wedges When Making Them in an Air Fryer?
After cutting the potatoes into wedges, soak them in a mixture of ice-cold water and ice cubes for 30 minutes. Then get them out and pat dry with the help of a paper towel. Then cook them in the air fryer for a few extra minutes to achieve desired crispiness.
How to Serve the Air Fryer Potato Wedges?
It will not be a decent experience to eat your potato wedges without dipping them in a sauce, so always serve them with some dipping sauce like ketchup, mayo sauce, or bbq sauce.
More Snack Recipes
Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- 2 russet potatoes cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and toss to coat well.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the potato wedges into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 18-20 minutes.
- While cooking, shake the basket once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the potato wedges from Air Fryer and serve.