Middle Eastern food is known to have a unique and flavorful taste. One of the best middle eastern snacks is air fryer falafel. You must try it!
Air fryer falafel is a combination of chickpeas and herbs enhanced with seasoning. It is not only delicious but healthy too.
You can make falafel inside an air fryer easily. Air fryer only takes 14 minutes to cook this flavorful snack.
What Ingredients Do I Need to Prepare a Chickpea Mixture While Making Air Fryer Falafel?
You need some ingredients to make a chickpea mixture. These ingredients are as follows:
- Red pepper flakes
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
Mix all these ingredients and add chickpeas. However, add flour and baking powder after adding chickpeas to the mixture. Cover the bowl and refrigerate
How to Cook Falafels Thoroughly Inside an Air Fryer?
You can cook Falafels thoroughly inside an air fryer. Make sure to flip them once halfway through while cooking them. One side will not get heated if you do not flip them thoroughly, leading to partially cooked falafels. Hence, flip them to avoid uncooked falafels.
Are Air Fryer Falafels Healthy for Me?
Falafels are enriched with fibers and proteins. They protect you from many diseases.
Falafel balances your diet and maintains your blood sugar level. However, if you fry falafels in oil, they lose their nutritional content. Comparatively, an air fryer does not need oil to cook falafels. Therefore, these nutritional contents remain safe when air-fried. That is why air-fried falafels are good for health.
How Much Time and Temperature is Needed to Air Fry Falafels?
Air Fryer needs 350° F temperature and 14 minutes to air fry falafels. Do not increase the time and temperature. Otherwise, falafels would turn extra brownish, and the outer texture would get firm.
More Snack Recipes
Air Fryer Falafel
- 1 (15½-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 small yellow onion quartered
- ⅓ cup scallion roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes crushed
- as required slat
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- With paper towels, pat dry the chickpeas completely.
- In a food processor, add the onion, scallions, fresh herbs, garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes and salt and pulse until just combined.
- Add the chickpeas and pulse until just combined.
- Add the flour and baking powder and pulse 2-3 times.
- Transfer the chickpea mixture into a bowl.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 2-3 hours.
- Make 12 equal-sized balls from the chickpea mixture.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 350 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Spray the falafels with cooking spray evenly.
- After preheating, arrange the falafels into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 14 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the falafels once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the falafels from Air Fryer and serve.