Watching a movie or having tea without any snacks is probably an idea that no one on this planet supports.
Everyone loves snacks, but no one wants to cook them as it is quite a time-consuming process to make some delicious snacks.
However, air fryer onion rings are one of those snacks that can be made within a few minutes and will introduce you to a new variety of onion rings as well.
Why Cook Onion Rings in the Air Fryer Instead of Deep Frying Them in a Pan?
When you deep fry the onion rings in a pan of hot oil, it will quickly fry the outer coating and make it crispier. While the onion ring inside will remain undercooked or soggy. Therefore, it is always suggested to use the air fryer for cooking onion rings to make them crispier altogether by drying their water. Moreover, it also makes them healthier as the onion rings retain no oil.
How to Cut Onions for Air Fryer Onion Rings?
Take a peeled onion and cut it into thin slices using a sharp knife. Make sure that the thickness should never be more than ¼ inches. If you cut the thick slices, it will result in soggy onion rings. After slicing them, separate the layers to get the rings.
How to Make Onion Rings in an Air Fryer?
- First of all, take the onion rings and coat them using a mixture of all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Then dip them in a batter of milk and egg, followed by the final coat of breadcrumbs.
- Then arrange the onion rings in the greased basket of the air fryer and slide them into the preheated air fryer.
- Cook them for 8 to 10 minutes, take them out and serve.
Air Fryer Onion RingsThese extra crispy onion rings are the perfect choice for your friend'sparty.
- 1 large onion cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- as required salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup dry breadcrumbs
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Separate onion slices into rings.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a second dish, add milk and egg and beat slightly.
- In a third dish, place the breadcrumbs.
- Coat each onion ring with flour mixture, then dip into egg mixture and finally, coat with the breadcrumbs.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 360 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the onion rings into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 8-10 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the onion rings from Air Fryer and serve.
NutritionCalories: 291kcalCarbohydrates: 51gProtein: 10gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 298mgPotassium: 232mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 159IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 185mgIron: 3mgTried this recipe?Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below 🙂
More Snack Recipes
- Air Fryer Pizza Bagels
- Air Fryer Rutabaga Fries
- Air Fryer Red Robin Steak Fries