Being an athlete or a bodybuilder has never been an easy task. If you are one too, you must be aware that even eating a snack can be consequential for you.
However, air fryer yucca fries are suitable for athletes and bodybuilders as well, so from now on, you can enjoy snacks as an athlete too.
What Makes Air Fryer Yucca Fries Suitable for Athletes?
Compared to potato fries, yucca fries contain more carbs, calories, and proteins. Athletes and bodybuilders require these things to give themselves the energy to perform heavy workouts and exercises. So, they are one of the most preferred snacks for athletes.
How to Cut Yucca for Air Fryer Yucca Fries?
Yucca is quite hard, especially its core, which is woody and fibrous, and it’s obligatory to remove it. So, the best thing is to cut them into more significant pieces and then boil in hot, salted water for at least 20 minutes. This will make them soft and easy to peel. Let them cool and cut them into lengthwise slices in French fries’ shape.
Can We Eat Yucca Raw?
No! Yucca is quite hard to eat raw. Moreover, it is dangerous for your health to eat it raw. It contains linamarin, which can react with the HCL present in the stomach and convert into poisonous cyanide.
How to Make Yucca Fries in the Air Fryer?
Take boiled and cut yucca slices and toss them with a fine coat of oil, dried herbs, salt, pepper, and spices. Then arrange them in the air fryer’s basket and slide them into the preheated air fryer. Let them cook for 8 to 10 minutes at 400° F and make sure to shake the basket once during the process. Get them out and serve.
Air Fryer Yucca Fries
- 1 lb yucca peeled and cut into 3-4-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- Non-stick cooking spray
- In a large pan of salted boiling water, add the yuca pieces and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Drain the yuca pieces and set them aside to cool.
- After cooling, cut each yuca piece into fries.
- Remove the tough center core out of each piece and discard it.
- In a large bowl, add yucca fries, oil, dried herbs, spices, salt and black pepper and toss to coat well.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the yucca fries into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 8-10 minutes.
- While cooking, shake the basket once.
- After ¼¼cooking time is finished, remove the yucca fries from Air Fryer and serve.
More Snack Recipes