What if you are craving freshly baked bread but don’t have all of the ingredients on hand and can’t get to the store?
You can look into the pantry, get your trusty air fryer out, and get inventive with whatever pantry items you have! And as simple as that, you can make this delicious and easy Air Fryer Flatbread.
This Air Fryer Flatbread recipe is straightforward to prepare. You can make this delightfully crunchy flatbread with just a few pantry items whenever the desire strikes. Serve it plain or with additional mix-ins for different tastes.
Why Should I Try This Recipe?
- Ingredients at hand: There’s no need to go to the store because you probably already have these ingredients in your kitchen.
- Preparation in a single bowl: There are fewer dishes to clean.
- The texture is perfect: This recipe offers flatbread with the ideal balance of soft and fluffy on the inside and crisp on the outside.
- Diet-Friendly: Healthy yet suitable for weight watchers and vegans.
Pro Tips & Tricks:
- I enjoy somewhat crunchy edges on my air fryer flatbreads. Therefore, I prefer making them thinner and air-fried them for a few minutes longer.
- This recipe may easily be doubled or tripled, then air-fried in batches and kept temperate until ready to eat.
- Cooking time is determined by the size and thickness of the bread dough; if you’re unsure, start with less time and increase as needed.
What to Serve with This Flatbread?
These light flatbreads are perfect for mopping up the sauce from curries and casseroles. Souvlaki-style lamb and salad can also be served, or keep it simple with vegemite and butter.
What Variation Can I Make?
You can easily flavor this air-fried flatbread with whatever you like. I recommend making a primary plain batch, dividing it into parts, and having everyone sprinkle on their favorite toppings as they stretch out the dough. Here are a few ideas for mix-ins: Rosemary, cayenne pepper, thyme, parsley, black pepper, or basil.
More Breakfast Recipes
Air Fryer Flatbread
- 1½ tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 1⅔ cups whole milk
- 1½ tbsp shortening
- 1 egg beaten
- 4-4½ cups bread flour
- ½ cup olive oil
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, yeast, and salt.
- In a small pan, add the milk and shortening over medium heat and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until shortening just melts, stirring continuously.
- Remove the pan from heat and set aside until just warm.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, attached with the dough hook, add in the yeast mixture and milk mixture and mix well. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Add the egg and 1½ cups of flour and mix on low speed until combined.
- Gradually add the remaining flour and blend until non-sticky dough ball forms.
- Place the dough into a lightly greased bowl and turn to coat.
- With a clean kitchen towel, cover the bowl and set aside for about 1-2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 300 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Make 2 golf ball sized balls from the dough and place on a lightly floured surface.
- With a rolling pin, roll each ball into a circle and coat both sides with a little oil.
- After preheating, arrange the both rolled circles into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 9 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the flatbreads from Air Fryer and place onto a platter.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Serve warm.
Leave a Reply