It has always been considered an ideal meal for holiday gatherings because it is easy to cook, affordable, and prepared ahead of time.
We are talking about green bean casserole, a warm side dish that is everyone’s favorite. Because it travels from one bowl to one pan, it is dubbed a “jiffy casserole.”
Now, the air fryer green bean casserole has made things easier and tastier. You should also try the green bean casserole in an air fryer and enjoy the ease of use.
How Do You Avoid A Watery Green Bean Casserole?
If it seems a little watery, add a thickener like cornstarch to absorb the additional liquid or simmer a little longer. This will give it the rich, dense consistency you desire.
How Long Can I Store Green Bean Casserole in The Fridge?
Like most Thanksgiving side dishes such as mashed potatoes and yams, the green bean casseroles can be refrigerated for three to five days or frozen for ten to twelve months.
Should I Use Green Beans That Are Fresh or Frozen?
Yes. If you’re using fresh ingredients, cook the green beans first and drain any excess water before adding them to the other ingredients. If you’re using frozen beans, make sure to defrost them first and drain any excess water.
Can I Prepare This Green Beans Casserole in Advance?
Yes! To have it ready for a holiday dinner, we make it the day before. You can make this up to 2-3 days ahead of time minus the topping. Simply keep it covered and refrigerated until ready to use. Top it after air frying it and just before serving.
Best Green Bean Casserole Cooking Techniques:
- Always use fresh green beans to make a casserole. The texture will have a touch of bite to it and will not be excessively soft.
- Don’t forget to add the fried onions. They enhance the fantastic flavor and texture in this recipe.
- Make sure you season the green beans well because they can taste boring if you don’t.
More Side Dish Recipes
- Air Fryer Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Potatoes
Air Fryer Green Bean CasseroleOne of the favorite casserole for Holiday dinner tables…
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 24 ounces fresh green beans trimmed
- 2 cups fresh button mushrooms sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup french fried onions
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, add the green beans, mushrooms, oil, lemon juice, sage, and spices and toss to coat well.
- After preheating, arrange the mushroom mixture into the greased Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 12 minutes.
- While cooking, shake the basket after every 5 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the mushroom mixture from Air Fryer and transfer into a serving dish.
- Top with fried onions and serve.
NutritionCalories: 100kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 2gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gSodium: 7mgPotassium: 249mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 783IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 44mgIron: 1mgTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!