Christmas dinner without ham? No way!
Even if you are tired and don’t want to spend an entire evening in the kitchen, it is possible to cook a ham and make your Christmas dinner all the more mouth-watering.
Duh! Through the aid of an air fryer. Simple.
We can make air fryer ham steak that will give you the taste of baked ham without all the hassle and mess.
How Can You Make Ham in An Air Fryer?
If you have precooked ham slices, air frying them and making ham steak is like a walk in the park. You can cook full glazed ham steaks with only two more ingredients: brown sugar and butter.
Instead of roasting and glazing a whole ham, make glazed ham steaks on Christmas eve in the air fryer and save time for your favorite movie.
For the full recipe, scroll down.
What’s the Best Way to Heat Up Ham in an Air Fryer?
Preheat the air fryer for 3-5 minutes at 325°F. Heat up the aluminum foil-wrapped ham in the air fryer basket for 10 minutes per pound.
Why Have My Air Fryer Started Smoking?
If your air fryer starts to smoke while cooking ham or other fatty meats, turn it off immediately.
It happens when fat from the meat drips from the food and falls into the drawer. Because air fryers use 360-degree air circulation, the fat from the basket rises and lands on the coils near the fan on top.
Add a slice of bread or a small amount of water to the bottom of the basket so that the fat does not reach the bottom.
Air Fryer Ham Steak
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray Remove the cooked ham from the air fryer with tongs or oven mitts once done.
- 2 tbsp brown sugar Carefully open the foil to allow steam to escape.
- 2 tbsp melted butter Slice and serve while still warm.
- 1 ham steak
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 380 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, blend together the brown sugar and melted butter. After preheating, arrange the ham steak into the greased Air Fryer Basket and brush the top with half of butter mixture.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 10-12 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the steak and brush other side with butter mixture once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the steak from Air Fryer and serve.