The air fryer is the ideal appliance for preparing the ham, and you’ll be amazed at how effective hot air technology is.
The brown sugar honey coating on our air fryer ham is excellent!!
Because it’s so simple and delicious, you’ll be making this tiny ham several times a year.
With our unique glaze, the tiny ham comes out moist and tasty.
It’s ideal if you don’t have an oven or don’t have enough space in your oven to cook the ham.
What If My Ham Doesn’t Fit in the Air Fryer?
Ham comes in a wide range of sizes, shapes, and varieties. Avoid purchasing a ham that is too large for your air fryer. We recommend a wholly cooked ham weighing about 2-3 pounds for most air fryers. Trim the bottom of the ham if it is too large and touches the top heating element of your air fryer.
What’s the Best Way to Reheat Up an Air Fryer Ham?
Preheat the air fryer for 3-5 minutes at 325°F. Set the timer for 10 minutes per pound for the aluminum foil-wrapped ham in the air fryer basket. Remove from the air fryer with tongs or oven mitts once done, and carefully open the foil to allow steam to escape. Slice and serve while still warm.
Is Aluminum Foil Safe to Use in An Air Fryer?
Yes, to put it briefly. While we all know not to put foil in the microwave (and if you don’t, the flying sparks will remind you), air fryers are different. If you line it with foil, the air movement will be restricted, and your food will not cook correctly.
How to Avoid an Uncooked Air Fryer Ham?
After air frying, even a little ham might become cold in the center. So, about 2 hours before cooking, take the fully cooked ham out of the fridge and set it aside. This allows the thoroughly cooked ham to come to room temperature.
More Dinner Recipes
Air Fryer Ham
- 3 lb fully cooked boneless ham
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp mustard
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- as required ground black pepper
- Remove the ham from refrigerator and set aside at room temperature for about 2 hours before cooking.
- For glaze: in a small saucepan, add all ingredients over medium heat and cook for about 3-5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Coat the ham with some glaze evenly.
- With a knife, score the ham with shallow ½-inch crisscross cuts.
- Line the Air Fryer Basket with 2 large pieces of foil sheets and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 340 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the ham into the prepared Air Fryer Basket and wrap with foil sheets tightly.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 50 minutes.
- After 25 minutes of cooking, coat the ham with some glaze and again, wrap with foil sheets tightly.
- After 50 minutes of cooking, unwrap the ham and coat with remaining glaze.
- Immediately adjust the temperature to 360 °F for 5 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the ham from Air Fryer and place onto a cutting board for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cut the ham into desired-sized slices and serve.