You cannot neglect the importance of vegetables in your daily diet as they provide you with a lot of fibers and help maintain many of your body functions.
However, making them tasteful and delicious that everyone likes is not an easy task.
But with this air fryer seasoned zucchini and squash recipe, you can maintain the veggie proportion of your diet as it is one of the most flavorful and healthier side dishes.
- Are Squash and Zucchini the Same Things? If Not, Then What’s the Difference Between Them?
- How to Cut Squash and Zucchini for Making This Delicious Recipe?
- How to Prevent Squash and Zucchini from Getting Soggy When Making them Using Your Air Fryer?
- More Side Dish Recipes
- Air Fryer Seasoned Zucchini & Squash
Are Squash and Zucchini the Same Things? If Not, Then What’s the Difference Between Them?
You can say these two are the same depending upon their species, as they both belonged to the gourd family. However, they are different in certain aspects as well. Usually, the squash is the leading member of the gourd family, divided into summer and winter squash, and the summer one is called zucchini. Squash is usually yellow or golden, while zucchini is bright green. Similarly, the shape of the zucchini is almost tubular. However, the squash’s shape is bulbous from the bottom and taper from the top.
How to Cut Squash and Zucchini for Making This Delicious Recipe?
You have to take them in equal quantities and then wash them to remove any debris. After drying them, you have to slice them into equally thick slices. This can easily be achieved using a cutter instead of a standard knife. You don’t need to peel them off before cutting.
How to Prevent Squash and Zucchini from Getting Soggy When Making them Using Your Air Fryer?
As vegetables release water during the cooking process, they can be cooked soggy. You must arrange the squash and zucchini in a single layer in the air fryer’s basket to avoid this situation. It will allow the equal movement of hot air over slices and will not absorb released water.
More Side Dish Recipes
Air Fryer Caramelized Baby Carrots
Air Fryer Seasoned Zucchini & Squash
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 large yellow squash cut into slices
- 1 large zucchinis cut into sliced
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp seasoned salt
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients and toss to coat well.
- After preheating, arrange the veggie slices into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 10 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the veggie slices from Air Fryer and serve.
Leave a Reply