Ever tasted stuffed tomatoes before? Well, you are in for a treat now! My stuffed tomatoes are low carb, filled with broccoli and cheese, but plenty of options to stuff them.
Can I make stuffed tomatoes using my air fryer?
Oh Yes! You can quickly make deliciously flavored and evenly cooked stuffed tomatoes very quickly in your air fryer than in your oven.
This simple recipe can serve as a main course or a fancy appetizer on any given night. They contain a tasty filling, are easy to make, and taste juicy and flavorful.
You can choose the stuffing of your choice for these little beauties, but to start with something good, you can fill the tomatoes with cheese, meat, or some carbs like panko or rice. Make them according to your taste and preferences.
Why Try Stuff Tomatoes?
- Delicious & Flavorful: Most importantly, these air fryer stuffed tomatoes are mouth-watering little bites full of flavor and deliciousness.
- Easy & Simple: Basically, these tomatoes are easy and quick to make, with no complex steps to follow in this recipe. Just think of a perfectly cooked tomato with the delicious taste of whatever filling you want to stuff in it.
- Variations: You can always try this recipe with different ways to stuff a tomato and enjoy whichever taste you like to have in a tomato. Like, this recipe calls for broccoli and cheese (my fav!), but there is a variety of other choices like cooked meat, grains, or parmesan cheese that you can easily stuff in these tomatoes. Variations in its toppings can also give you plenty of options to try a different taste in it, like toasted pine nuts, flavored breadcrumbs, or minced basil are great options.
How Can I Tell If the Tomato Is Completely Cooked?
Looking at the tomato is the best way to know whether my tomatoes are done or not. When cooked thoroughly, the outer skin of the tomatoes should wrinkle and barely keep its shape.
Can I Add Stuffed Tomatoes to Keto Diet?
This recipe is keto-friendly, so yes, you can add it. However, breadcrumbs are commonly used in stuffed tomatoes recipes, making them heavy in carbohydrates. Although there are no breadcrumbs in this broccoli and cheese recipe, it’s still scrumptious.
More Tomato Recipes
Shakshuka (eggs with spicy tomato sauce)
Air Fryer Stuffed Tomatoes
- 2 large tomatoes
- ½ cup broccoli finely chopped
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- non stick cooking spray
- ½ tsp dreid thyme crushed
- Cut the top of each tomato and scoop out pulp and seeds.
- In a bowl, mix together the chopped broccoli and cheese.
- Stuff each tomato with broccoli mixture evenly.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 355 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the tomatoes into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 5 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the tomatoes from Air Fryer and place onto a serving platter.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Garnish with thyme and serve.