Making some quick snacks to serve with tea can be a genuine hurdle, especially during summers. Standing in the kitchen for a long time to make some snacks does not make sense.
But with this air fryer pesto pinwheels recipe, you can make crunchy snacks with many flavors and a soft inner side.
What are the Basic Ingredients to Make these Air Fryer Pesto Pinwheels?
The main ingredients are puff pastry, cheese, deli ham, jalapenos pepper, salt, and pesto. You can also use tortillas as well instead of puff pastry. Jalapenos must be chopped into tiny pieces. Pesto must also be crushed using a knife. The reason to avoid some blender for that purpose is that you might get it in powdered form. Ham you are using must be thicker as thin ham will dry out during the cooking process. You can make them without using cheese as well.
How to Get Pinwheels Ready to Cook Them in an Air Fryer?
Take your pastry and place it on a lightly floured surface. Then roll them with gentle hands to get them flattened, and long after that, spread the crushed pesto all over the pastry and then arrange ham slices over it. After that, if you use cheese, you can use it in either grated form or whole slices. And last but not least is the addition of jalapenos. Then roll the pastry into a big roll. Pick your knife and cut the roll into 1-inch thick pieces that give the shape of a perfect pinwheel.
Suggestions for Making These Pinwheels:
- Always use fresh pastry, and if not available, you can use frozen one as well but make sure to thaw it completely.
- Sprinkle some pesto on your pinwheels before heading them into the air fryer.
- Serving them with pesto sauce will double the fun.
More Snack Recipes
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Air Fryer Corn Dogs
Air Fryer Pesto PinwheelsA batch of colorful and impressive snacks for the whole family…
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet defrosted
- ¼ cup pesto
- 5 ounces deli ham
- ¼ cup jalapeno chopped
- non stick cooking spray
- Place the pastry sheet onto a smooth surface and slightly roll it.
- Spread pesto over the pastry sheet and top with a few ham slices followed by jalapeño pieces.
- Gently roll the puff pastry into a sausage shape.
- Then cut the roll into 15 (1-inch) pieces.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking pray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the pastry pieces into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 6 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the pastry pieces from Air Fryer and serve.
NutritionCalories: 118kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 7gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 453mgPotassium: 92mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 298IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 22mgIron: 1mgTried this recipe?Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below 🙂